How can I convince my mom to let me get this piercing?

i'm sixteen, so I have to have parent consent to get body piercings.

&i want my cheeks pierced so bad!

like this: link

please don't make fun of me ): lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• Im not gonna make fun of you I just wanna know why you want them? because you are a pretty girl and I don't think you need them, but if you have some reason then maybe I could understand better where your coming from

• thanks (: haha. idk, I just think they're super cute! I have pretty big cheeks, &i've always wanted dimples.

• what are planning on doing with your life if you don't mind me asking. I have wanted to get my lip pierced and a tattoo since I turned 18, but I'm 22 and still don't have any piercings or tattoo's because I want to get my life set up before I worry about getting something that I will have to take out because of my job.

• i'm going to cosmetology school when I graduate, to be a hair/makeup artist. tattoos and piercings are totally acceptable for that field of work.

• Do you seriously think that by some point in the next few years, you're still going to want them? In all honesty, whether you think so or not, the ultimate answer, you'll find, is very likely going to be "no."

So why waste your time and money? They don't even look good...

• Why would you want one? Listen to your mom on this one - you look fine as is.

• Tell her you will be the envy of all the boys if you do. I'm sure your mom will understand that since she was young once. >.>

• I like cheek piercings, but you need to be careful with this piercing like already mentioned they do tend to get infected and they scar easily. I know a person you got this piercing and now they have scars for life. This person is still in HS. Your mom is only trying to protect you. If you want it that badly you still want them in 2 years so wait awhile. There is no rush you have your whole life in front of you.

• shes not trying to protect me its her opinion against my own lol.

cant wait to move outttt (:

• WHY?

lol

What Girls Said 8

• I think you should wait. Cheek piercings are risky because of the area. There's a good risk that they could get infected especially with the food/drinks you'll consume which can cause your face to swell up and put you in the ER for a night.They also cause damage to your teeth. They're cute but wait til you're 18 and know what you want to do with your life. They definitely won't help you land a job at a lot of decent places.

• In aus you can be sixteen and get piercings without consent. I don't know how you would convince her besides giving her a solid argument towards it. Maybe just wait until you can get it done yourself? They scar pretty bad when and if you eventually take them out.

• First of all people should stop judging the girl about why she wants to get her cheeks pierced.. It's her body! She can do what she wants with it. However if you get permission to do it, make certain you're really sure and do some research on cheek piercings on the cons and pros.

• to be honest, I wouldn't let my kid do that ever no matter how much they begged and pleaded.. I mean think about it.. you get your cheeks pierced, you don't like it... then what.. you have two wholes on your face and they are going to scar when they close. its doesn't ooh nice... I would let my kid pierce anything else other than the face. Just my opinion.

• Piercing near the lips tend to leave marks that never close..do you really want to have this for the rest of your life?Your parents are right for not letting you you will realize this later on

• I think it'll be hard to convince her because it's one of the more out there piercings.

• I think you'll regret it later in life. just wait until you're 18 and rethink it

• ok first of all I don't think your old/mature enough to know if you really want dimple piercings, you might get them done & regret it later which would be a waste of time and money and you will have scars on your face.

Also if you don't have dimples don't get it because it just looks stupid. It looks best on people that have dimples already, they get them pierced to accentuate their dimples.

I have huge dimples and I waited until I was 18 to get them done. Just wait awhile.