Why do guys not like it when girls wear make-up ?

I don't wear any foundation or eyeshadow or mascara or anything , I wear a little powder , a little eyeliner if I have some , blush if I have some , and clear lip gloss . So I pretty much stay as natural as possible while enhancing my best features . Anyways , why are guys so turned off by make-up ?

In my profile picture I'm the one on the right and that's how much make-up I wear on a regular basis .

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not turned off by it. I just don't like it when a girl feels as though she has to hide behind it and put half an inch on face. Its just wrong. When most of the time there isn't any need for it. I get that they like to be beautiful, but I personally embrace a girls imperfections because they are what make her look the way she does. Without them all girls look the same. So yea, don't think wearing make up is a turn off...

What Guys Said 3

• I don't like the idea of people relying on makeup to fit in or look appealing. The less, the better.

• It's not the matter of makeup I feel it's more like they feel they must hid behind a mask from a lack of confidence but of course I also love it when a girl dresses up for me because we'll simply I find it a turn on if a girl does something to try to attract me more but in multiple perspectives I guess it counts on the personality of the girl to truly determine it and also they shouldn't put to much do gave a nice day your friend E

• The faker it looks, the faker you look. The heavier it looks, the more insecure you look. When it's applied badly it looks trashy (not classy).

What Girls Said 3

• A little makeup is good. You look fine. I think they are more turned off by the girls who look orange and have black goop running down their faces.

• They like it. They just say they don't. And most of the time when they say they like girls "natural" they're referring to the girls who wear barely noticeable make-up...that they think the girl isn't wearing. However, that's just random girls or crushes. If they have a girlfriend they've been with a while and then they see her without make-up for real and all that's different of course. Then they really do like seeing their girl in her "natural" state most of the time (and most of them).

• Guys usually aren't turned off by correctly done make up. If you put too much on or you suck at doing your make-up, guys don't like that.