Guys, how do you feel about girls and make up?

why is it that guys say that they want girls in NO make up? to me it seems like guys say this without actually realizing that the girls who typically catch their attention are the girls in make up. do men realize how hard it is to compete with women who have make up on? I'm just a little confused as to why guys want no make up, but seem attracted to the ones who do.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that's a miss-spoken meaning. I know that I like girls with no-makeup, but I've realized there are very few who wear no makeup. I just don't like the girls that look like they are wearing a mask over their face. I mean the really heavy makeup users to where it's very obvious. I don't want to think about what their skin is going through. lol

• i feel like a lot of guys don't often see girls without make up on, so how do they know that they like it?!

• I don't know. I don't mind makeup, I'm sure something like 90% of girls wear some sort of makeup. That's fine. But it can be overdone. That's all I'm saying. I'd rather say I like girls with no makeup, than say, I only like girls with a little bit of makeup. What's a little bit to one person and another could be different amounts. I don't know. If it makes you happy I'll take my comment back, and say, I don't like girls with a lot of makeup on.

What Guys Said 3

• Light/natural makeup is the best.

• Idk what other guys say but I like some make up on girls

• I am fine with no makeup..I have been married for 16 years and my wife doesn't wear makeup around the house lots of times...but most males will not complain about mascara & eyebrow pencil..some girls look good with eyeshadow and/or eyeliner..but not all do...what most of us hate is cheek/face crap: concealer, blush, foundation & bronzer...(:

What Girls Said 3

• Majority of men do not know much about makeup. So when they say "I want a girl with no makeup" they are really saying they prefer girls who look like they aren't wearing makeup. AKA the natural look. Not absolutely no makeup showing all the flaws you may have and not looking as polished. Realistically, why even ask guys what they think? Its clear and obvious who they go for and are attracted to the most. so you get your answer by noticing the girls who catch men's attention. which are the girls who wear makeup

Either that, or they are fantasizing about a woman with perfect skin and no flaws who doesn't need to wear makeup. I highly doubt men would pick a girl with an average face with some bumps/discoloration with 0 makeup on, over a girl with an average face with a natural looking makeup application that makes her look more presentable and polished.

Unless they see her routine in the morning they have no idea what you do anyway

• Full of bs generalizations from start to finish. But you might be a good script writer.

• It seems that most guys don't realize makeup isn't just obvious, full face makeup. If you use a light hand, you could be wearing eyeliner, mascara, foundation, concealer, blush, highlighter, bronzer and lipstick/lipgloss and they would think that's how you naturally look like with no makeup.

So really, don't worry about it so much. They have no idea what they're on about.

• Rather a generalization isn't it? We are not all 16 year olds and I do have an idea what I am on about whether you believe it or not.

• I completely agree.

I would always wear makeup to school every single day, and when talking about it people would say... Oh , are you wearing makeup?

I'd be wearing foundation, concealer, eyeliner, lipblam, very light/natural eyeshadow and mascara.

Without makeup I have bad skin, and just look boring.

Guys don't realize the difference between light makeup and NO makeup..

• Yeah agree all you want Just another female putting words in my head and mouth You have no real idea how a female looks through a male's eyes. At best you are merely groping in the dark.

• they just don't like makeup that looks made up. let me explain...every girl looks better with some makeup on, pretty or ugly. even a beautiful girl with no makeup on may not be as eye catching as a fairly attractive but less beautiful girl with makeup on.

that is because the right makeup enhances her features but doesn't scream "I HAVE MAKEUP ON" and this makes a girl look best and most attractive, in general and to men, whether they realize it or not :P

• Typical...I love how the QA asked for guys opinions and a couple females hasten to reassure their fellow female that guys' opinions are irrelevant...but there is just one opinion is not irrelevant to me and I decide whether I will date or go steady with or marry a female.../: