Are dark circles a huge turn off?

I was born with this certain type of eye. Basically they are green and very large, round, and bright. But they are deep set. They have a lot of definition and a natural "shadow" around them. This means that even without makeup on, my eyes have a natural shadowy look so I don't look so washed out or bare. But, this also comes with a negative...dark circles.

I have pretty dark circles under my eyes so it makes me feel very self conscious without concealer on. Overall I know I am pretty and I get guys, but I feel much less confident without any makeup because I have dark circles. I don't even wear heavy makeup but I always wear concealer.

I only feel so self conscious because some women have made me in the past. My condition is genetic and does not go away.

So, is this disgusting or awful? Huge turn off or what? I don't look like a different person without makeup on but it always feels necessary to me because I need concealer under my eyes.

Most Helpful Girl

• not at all =] 9/10 people have them, its normal aside from concealer I really recommend getting a good eye cream there's a lot of good ones out there

i used this one by neutrogena and it worked for a while, it tightened the skin more than whitening the dark circles though

however I do know an expensive brand that works but it is pricy $$$ its a french brand called Loccitane, they have stores in the US and you can order online too, but they have the immortelle brightening eye cream that worked for me! the darkness is gone, and also an even more expensive divine cream, that one does wonders! even better than the immortelle. I think its worth the investment. instead of paying dollars and dollars over concealer to cover it up, why not fix it with a good eye cream.

What Guys Said 3

• Actually I would think it would be a turn on...

• really? how so? I've always felt ashamed of them

• The eyes convey so much without words and they are very unique to each person. I knew a girl with the same type of eyes you described (the circles) and she had a dark skin tone and she could just put me in a trance depending on how she looked at me. Sometimes her eyes would sparkle when she was happy, or they would be inviting when she felt flirtatious. The eyes have just always been a weakness for me and for a lot of guys, so you've actually got a great weapon in your hands. :p

• No not a turn off...lol...get some sleep...(:

• though they are darker when I don't sleep, they never go away even after sleeping a lot for several nights in a row

• naw..not a turn off...just one more misconception that females have about makes males tick...(:

• Some guys are going to like that. Might want to find out what your guy thinks before you spend a lot of time and money trying to conceal.

What Girls Said 3

• Your eyes sound just like mine! I hate when people suggest products or tell me to get some sleep because my condition is genetic, I've tried everything and that's just the way I am. I'm a little self conscious but I've had no comments from guys. I still prefer to wear concealer pretty much everyday though, it just makes me feel more confident.

• Do you have olive undertones? I kind of do, and I suffer from the same thing you do.. Except it's not bad and I'm not self conscious about it There are products you can use to lighten the area..other than concealer.

• I don't think you should worry,there are products on the market that can help with that.But dark circles around the eyes are normal for some people.