Are all attractive people photogenic? Why or why not?

A lot of people judge a person's beauty through photographs rather than real life encounters. I personally know some people whose photos don't do them any justice, and I've found that some homely looking people look better in photos than they do in real life. I have been called attractive quite a few times but I feel that I'm not a very photogenic person since I feel I don't look that good in a lot of my photos. Are you a photogenic person? Is it just luck or is there a secret behind it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I get hit on all the I'm at school but everyone says my photos don't come out all that great. I'm guessing that means I'm attractive and not photogenic.

TBH I think it's because my attractivenss comes from my body and not my face. I won't deny I have a killer body. Anyone who watches what they eat like I do and exercises like I do for as long as I have will look amazing from the neck down. But from the neck up is another matter entirely and that's where I guess photo appeal comes from. I don't think I have it.

What Girls Said 9

• I know how you feel! My mom said to me once, "you used to be so photogenic, what happened?" I couldn't believe she said that.

I used to sell clothes on ebay, with my friend, and when we would do a photo shoot, we would pose and have the mirror right in front of us. If you're concerned about it, get together, get all dolled up with a girlfriend or two, and do a photo shoot with a mirror. It will help you find your favorite smile, and you will feel even better when the cameras come out! Plus you'll have some cute pictures of yourself.

• No lots of people say I'm cute and pretty but if someone were to take a random photo of me I look horrible. That's why I don't have a lot of pics on Facebook ( I do but I have a lot more that aren't). I know this girl on Facebook who before I ever saw her in real life I thought she looked georgous and I was thinking damn why can't I look that great in pics. I recently just met her and when I saw her for the first time she looked so much plainer than she did on the photos and I couldn't believe it. I guess the camera just loves some people and I don't know whether it's luck or genetics or anything like that.

• i look better in person.. then again I'm my own worst critique with pictures.. but I don't believe every attractive person is photogenic.. sometimes average people look great in pictures, other times really great looking people look bad in pictures.. so no.

• I don't think I look good in photos either and I think a lot of people have hang ups when it comes to how they look in photos. I just think being "photogenic" depends on angle and lighting. With that said there are some people who won't look great whether or not you see them in person or in a picture. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Nope

Attractive or not, I don't think it has anything to do with whether someone is photogenic. Some people just have the right facial structure that can handle any lighting or angle and look good regardless

I'm not :( I wish I was cause I think I look better in person! But I'm not. Oh no, far from it.

• I am not photogenic at all, I think I look better in real life. lol

• I am an attractive person, and I look HORRIBLE in photos.

• i think I look better in person. unless the photo is captured at a certain angle, I don't think I look my best...

• No, I'm not photogenic at all. I hate pictures, they just prove how ugly I am.

What Guys Said 7

• You just need proper lighting to really illuminate the angles of your face that wouldn't be shown under normal lighting and a standard lense.

I don't look good in pictures either which is why I tend to avoid them. Maybe one in 50 shots would look at least HALF decent because the lighting happened to be ideal.

• I look like a human in pictures but resemble a monkey in real life

• hmm I don't think I am photogenic. I have been told multiple times I look better in person. IMO I think I look stupid in pics. That's why I don't take many pictures

• i think that reflects the whole "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing.

what looks good to one person isn't gonna look good to the next.

• Not in the slightest. I know beautifil girls that look disgusting on FB.

• I don't give a damn how a girl looks like in pictures. That being said, I know plenty of good-looking people who are not photogenic.

• I'm neither, and I think the whole photogenic notion is overrated. You can only "myspace" your pics up so much. Even digital airbrushing would have its limits. Mostly I just think you are what you are, and you can look better or worse in a pic depending on a few things, but not radically so.