My foundation is creating a lot of problems. A question for girls about makeup!

okay so my foundation is creating a lot of problems for me lately and I was wondering if other girls have experienced this.

right now I'm using Maybeline Dream Liquid Mousse airbrush finish. and over that I'm using cover girl trublend minerals(which is a powder).

at first I absolutely loved the mousse. I have used the powder before so I'm used to it. but now for some reason some days when I get out of school and look in the mirror, my foundation is almost completley off except in some small patches. and its mostly patchy on the sides of my cheeks. which is also where I have my acne. my acne has been bothering me a lot more than usual, so I don't know if the makeup is doing this because of my acne. to apply the mousse I first put it on the brush and spread it around my face, then I use my hands to rub it in. then obvs for the powder I use the brush.

has this ever happened to you before? do you think I should switch foundations? some days I put less foundation on becuase I don't want it to be very heavy, and it seems like its mostly those days where its all patchy. also, I have gym class so I don't know if this contributes to it at all. but usually right after gym it seems to be okay.

it was really, really bad today and I was so embarrased. I hope nobody noticed it too much. it looked like I didn't know how to evenly put makeup on :/

thanks in advance :)

Most Helpful Girl

• That's because of the brand. You really need to invest in a better brand and not a drugstore one. Gym class and sweating will definitely take off a non reliable foundation. Spend a little bit more for your foundation. I use Studio Gear, its about $30 and works amazingly. It never comes off throughout the day (not even if I'm working out), and it goes on light and flawless. You also want to use a facial lotion to moisturize your skin. You really want to use the lotion right before putting on your foundation.

What Guys Said 1

• Foundation should be outlawed for the vile substance it is.

• I don't think you'd be saying the same thing if you saw how some girls look without it

• Yes, I would

What Girls Said 9

• Maybe use a primer.

That always helps when I'm using a less expensive foundation. Sometimes I don't have the money to pay out for what I want, so I buy something sub-standard, but when I have a primer on - they tend to last as well, or nearly as well - as those more expensive.

It'll even out your skin for better coverage; and make it last longer - but it won't really help too much - I don't think, for when you're working out.

Mousses and liquids sweat off easily so they need to be sealed with a powder - but I'd suggest finding a pressed powered that's designed to do that, rather than using a foundation powder on top.

Or just find a new foundation, so many times I've brought the new 'in' foundation only to find out it's no better than anything I already had.

• I think you should only be using one foundation. I prefer powder over mousse or liquid because it doesn't become cakey or oily as easy. So, I would suggest that you brush on the powder and then dab on some concealer on your problem spots (your acne). This technique works for me and a lot of other people, but it doesn't work for everyone, so you should just try it out and see how it goes.

You might also want to consider trying Bare Essentials! It's pricier than Covergirl but it's higher quality and a good investment especially during the blemish years. Trust me, their powder foundation got me through the days when I had acne.

Good luck!

• thank you! I use the mousse then the powder isn't really like a foundation, its kind of supposed to be translucent. but I will try what you suggested :)

• Ohhh, got it! Yeah, I would definitely suggest using a powder foundation. I'm guessing that your face gets oily throughout the day around your acne and that's what's causing it to fade away.

• hmm I've never used mousse before but you might find it easier to use a powder or powder-to-liquid foundation. I quite like MAC since they are long-lasting so that might help with the rubbing off problem - they have a compact powder one called Studio tech or something like that which isn't too expensive and it covers well so you won't have to use a powder afterward. Wearing less layers should help with the acne issue.

The other one I use regularly is Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation which is medium-sheer and very natural looking. I haven't noticed any rubbing off and is anti-shine so that might be something you're interested in if your skin is problematic.

• first thing, you shouldn't be using foundation regularly if you are just 16. young girls make always the same mistake - trying to hide your acne with loads of make up when it actually make it even worst. you should let your skin breath in order to get rid of it. clean it really carefully twice a day and use the right products to it.

second, you may be using a oil base foundation. (I don't know that brand, so, you should check that out) if you have a oily skin too, that will make you get greasy skin, more acne and your foundation will tend to ''melt'' because of it.

• I know what you're going through, I had the same problem :p I would recommend using a powder foundation. Yeah I know, seems silly but it will really help. You could try this link bare minerals works really well and evens out your skin tone, and you can order a kit if you want. And the powder reduces oiliness. As for concealer, try this! link It's Cover Girl Simply Ageless concealer and the name is misleading! I use this all the time and it works perfectly to cover acne and acne marks. You can get it at any drug store too, like Walgreens. Good luck :)

• thank you so much! is a concealer you put something all over your face like a foundation? or just on your problem areas? and thank you so much for telling me that it covers acne marks because I have a few that I can't get rid of!

• yeah I know how you feel :p concealer is like foundation in texture but you only put it on your problem spots and blend so it just looks like regular skin :) so you can have powder on and then fix the spots the powder didn't cover with concealer :)

• Never tried mousses.. and I've been told they aren't that good. so I'm not sure what to believe. have you been using the same brush or different brush maybe your acne is getting more irritable if the hairs on the brush are made from something your allergic too.. just guessing. anyway I use Mac and most of the girls in my family do, its a good foundation and good coverup. .. Maybe if you wear makeup everyday try to let go of it for a little to see whether your acne lays down a little. Its not so good having lots of chemicals on your skin.

• try getting some lighter not heavy makup try clinic and tone down on how many time you wear makeup

• i think using the makeup will just make your skin worse. you should go to a dermatologist

• whatever you are wearing in your photo looks really awful fake and it's the wrong color. also, your acne would probably improve if you stopped using this crap on your face.