Does hair go flatter/less voluminous as it gets longer?

My hair used to be thick, bouncy andwavy, when it was a bit shorter, but my hairs started to go straight and flatter, is it because it's longer?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, this is common. it will seem like your texture changes because of the weight of your hair makes it hang

What Girls Said 5

• Most likely. That happens to me too, and my hair curls mainly at the ends when it's longer. It has a lot to do with hair thickness and texture too, but I'd assume that the longer a person's hair gets, the flatter it will lay because it's heavier.

• I would say yes.Maybe try using a volumizing conditioner or shampoo?

• yes because the hairs are heavier when they're longer.

• YES! Mine does. I had a few longer layers cut into it to give it more bounce.

• Unless it's naturally curly, yes.

I've been a master stylist in the hair industry for more than 10 yrs.

So, if you're going long, keep it heavily layered to take some of the weight off.

What Guys Said 1

• Yep, growing it long will tend to straighten it. That;s why some women prefer shotrer hair, so they don't have to artificially make it wavy or curly.