Are body modifications attractive?

Feel free to voice your opinion on piercings, tattoos, scarification or any other form.. I really want to hear what people think about them.

Would you consider dating someone with over 20 piercings. Whether it's a female or a male?

Someone with a lot of tattoos or even someone who has stretched ears?

Currently, I have 20 piercings including septum, sternum, nape, web, & smiley. ( Google them)

40% of my body is inked ( they are all hidden or can be)

& My ears are stretched to 3/4th which is about 19mm wide.

What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• What is wrong with totally natural woman? That is my preference..it is hard to improve on nature's design and most individuals I see have not improved it...):

• haha. Consider it as a freedom of expression.

• Well you have a point in that most males like unique landmarks on female: moles, birthmarks etc...but ..those are natural...like the dude below me said...why so much metal?...that's not sexy like a female's soft, satin skin..and...yes I would like you to be different,but in your personality & your interests...not the Christmas Tree ornaments you hang on yourself...(:

• Point taken.

It's not really the tree ornament effect. More of the " I'm going to tattoo my body effect"

I think that once you know your limit than it isn't so bad as to some who I know that have tattoos 96% of their bodies.

What Guys Said 5

• Why do so many women want to be metal so much... 0_o. No I do not! find it attractive, I do not want to date the next cyborg

• I could date you I think its sexy.

• Some guys are into that, but I would assume it would be a guy that has similar body art. Chances are if you are trying to attract someone that doesn't have any modifications then they will probably not be very receptive.

• I like tatts and piercings but not gages or implants

• to me they are not generally... it just come off as having too much free time and too focused on the wrong things. Do your homework or something that's what I think lol check out my quesiton link

What Girls Said 7

• Over 20 piercings.. mm no, not interested in that much modification. Tattoos can look great but they are always a novelty with me, they get boring pretty quickly and I think a natural body of a guy is so much hotter than one covered in tattoos. A few piercings are attractive but it really depends on the person, some people can look great with them but not everyone can pull them off. I have a few cartilage piercings but nothing else even though I'd like them (lip/tongue/nose etc), but I know they arn't really worth it for me. Scaring and stretching are huge no no's for me, absoloutely hate both of those. I love art and some tattoos can look beautifully done, but I would rather have a guy without tattoos than one with them.

• I don't mind tatts or piercings! I don't have any tattoos, but I have my nose pierced. I have had guys tell me it's a turn off. But that is their opinion. I personally like my nose ring, I think it looks nice. My boyfriend likes it too :) And he doesn't have any tatts or piercings.

• i don't like tattoos or piercings too much on either gender. I do however like eyebrow piercings on guys and I don't mind small piercings on either gender depending of course on what they are of. also I have my naval pierced because I never really liked my bellybutton but now I do very much so I would say it depends on the person and the modification.

• I'm OK with tats and depending on the tattoo they can be hot. Some tattoos are pretty much deal breakers though. I have 2 tattoos myself.

• I think that there are very few people that can actually pull off a lot of different piercings and other body modifications, at least all together. Tattoos are fairly safe, as they've become something of a norm, but even they can become unappealing if not placed correctly or done well.

I'm a little iffy about piercings, especially face ones for girls, because if you don't pick the correct type for your face, everything looks...off. Especially septum, those can look really wrong on girls, it just doesn't suit most of them, or at least the ones I've seen ://Scarification...eh, it disturbs me, to be honest...

Pretty much just, it has to suit the person, their style, and their bone structure/lines.

• I like scarification. However, I would never do them because I'm afraid of the intense pain.

• I think it can look reaaaaaaally cool after it's all done and healed and everything, but I have hundreds of self inflicted scars all over my body, so it's a sensitive topic for me :/

• ewww

• I myself have my nose pierced I have my industrial upper cartilage an lower and my first second and thirds done will be getting both tragus done and my bottom left of my lip repierced. I think if they are tastefully done there should be no problem

• I currently have eleven but will have fourteen when I'm all done