Greasy hair and dandruff?

Alright, so I've been trying to train my hair to produce less grease by washing it infrequently. I didn't wash my hair for five days. It was incredibly oily (which is good!) Anyway, I washed it yesterday, skipped a wash today, and have noticed that my scalp is really itchy and I have dandruff now. I've never had dandruff! I don't know what to do...help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Try to use a dandruff shampoo. Dandruff happens when your scalp is too dry or too greasy (your case). The oil causes the dead skin cells (dandruff flakes) to flake up more and clump together which causes the white flakes. Its good to get your hair to oil up but I definitely suggest you try other methods. For instance, olive oil on your hair and put a hair cap over it. Sleep with it in then wash it out in the morning.

What Guys Said 2

• Tea tree oil is best/shampoo within it... Try after washing with that type of shampoo & conditioner rinse well then rinse your hair with"Witch Hazel"it,s an astringent like alcoho but does wonders for people with oily hair.You can leave it in..no need to rinse unless you are pressing/curling .l

• There are tons of anti-dandruff shampoos on the market. Use one of them.

What Girls Said 2

• And you didn't have dandruff before? then you probably have sebhorreic dermatitis. It's when you are essentially allergic to your own skin lol which prompts the inching and dandruff. see a dr and they'll prescribe a medicated shampoo for you. or you can use the shampoo called T-gel, it smells bad and it may or may not work. but if it is what I think it is, then regular dandruff shampoo won't work.

• Use head and shoulders shampoo its really good actually, makes your hair nice and snotty and most important healthy and dandruff free