Do guys ever go for girls less attractive than they are?

I read somewhere that humans are programmed to seek out either the best looking ones or the ones that have the same level of beauty as they have.

Women date guys who are less attractive (not the same level of beauty) than they are all the time.

So, I'm curious to know- do guys ever pursue girls who are less attractive than they are? Like, if the guy is a five in the looks department, would he pursue a 3 or 4?

Most Helpful Guy

• Who is to say that a certain woman is less attractive than I am?

I don't look around and label girls as 3's or 4's. They are either attractive or not attractive. From there it comes down to their personality, and what they look for in a guy. If I can see that I'm not the kind of guy she is looking for, I stay away.

The short answer is no, I don't pursue "the cream of the crop", though I could make the argument that women do from a social and economic standpoint (with looks only making 1/3 of the attraction).

What Guys Said 6

• I don't know about "Less", but I have been searching for a girl who has a similar attractiveness rating as me. Some people think that's weird, but I feel like if I was with a really hot girl, it would make me look worst than I am, and I would be less comfortable around her because from what I have heard, and seen, girls who are considered "Hot" tend to expect more from their man. I don't know if that's true because I have never been with any girl, but that's what I have heard, and seen.

• > I have been searching for a girl who has a similar attractiveness rating as me.

There's a song for people like you: link

Yes, music from my youth. The glorious 1970s

• I honestly don't know how I stand compared to the girl I like right now. Girls are always told their 'attractive, beautiful' whatever..so many have boosted egos for sure. I've never been told straight out I'm attractive but most girls give me a shy and warm welcome if I approach them. As far as most relationships go I've seen just as many good looking guys with average at best girls as vice versa.

• I'm ugly. There's no girl in the world less attractive than me.

• if they are settling than yes

• I'd say yes but not much lower than themselves

• I see it happen a decent amount of the time

What Girls Said 0