Guys, do you think tattoos and piercings are good or bad on a girl?

I love tattoo, I have two and will soon have a third. I also really like piercings. I have my nose and naval pierced, and I'm considering getting my eyebrow pierced as well. But my boyfriend constantly complains how much he hates my piercings and tats. Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm NOT a fan of them. I can tolerate tattoos in most cases, as long as they aren't on the neck/face/boobs, but to me they are mostly like grafitti on a work of art; it can only diminish the original work.

Piercings (more common ones) are a bit less objectionable to me, but still a bit undesirable. And more extreme ones tend to be deal-breakers.

I know some folks love them, and that's fine, but after reaching a peak in popularity about 10 years ago, folks are finally starting to figure out that they aren't all that great, and they are starting to lose popularity.

What Guys Said 8

• Tattoos are fine if they are discreet, especially if they have some sort of important meaning, not just "I have a butterfly on my ankle cause butterflies are pretty"

Guys, myself included, are more likely to dislike piercings than like them.

That being said, your boyfriend should shut up, he has made his opinion known, and that is that. Either he needs to accept that there is something about you that he doesn't like, or he needs to end the relationship, since it is obvious that you are not going to make any changes for him.

• I don't think they are a bad thing personally, but then again, I do think they should be kept to a minimum.

• I don't like tattoos on anybody and the only piercings girls should have are in the ears.

• He should accept you for who you are. If he can't, then find someone who does. I'm fine with ink and piercings. I tend to focus my kisses on the tats.

I find rings along the edge of the ear sexy like link I also find nipple piercings sexy as well.

I had my eyebrow pierced but it ripped out. The only ink I will ever get will be a wedding band tat.

• Dump him. He's a wimp.

• Not at all. If someone decides to get a tattoo or piercing then it's up to that person. You boyfriend should accept this part of you. Personally, I find tattoos and piercings attractive.

• Major turn off

• Bad. Turn off.

What Girls Said 0