Do guys like "rude" girls?

I'm sixteen and can't seem to find a guy who likes me for me.

I'm not rude I'm just a very blunt person.

A lot of women would consider me a "rude" girl and they say that's the reason guys don't want to commit to me.

(I personally think that I'm too much of a stand up person and that's why guys won't carry out a relationship with me.)

But that's not true, I'm a virgin , and when most guys learn that they automatically assume I'm innocent.

But reality is I'm not, I am an explicit, strong willed, and independent young adult.

Most guys love the fact that I'm a good girl, but can still manage keep things sexy and a little crazy.

Guys give me compliments all the time on my personality.

So why can't guys see me as more than just a fun time?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're strong-willed. There's nothing wrong with that. However, consider the market of guys you're trying to attract. Those men that want to be the leader of the relationship will not be attracted to you. They would rather be the strong-willed and blunt ones.

Try looking for guys who are more insightful or emotional--artists, writers, and musicians. Look for guys who have a better sense of style, are more caring, and thoughtful. I think these types of guys would be a better match for you (and you them).

What Guys Said 10

• At 16 I would worry about a guy committing to you or not yet because in reality you will find that neither he nor you are really that suited for commitment at this stage in your lives. Better to play the field a while longer until you really are ready for a commitment with a guy who is ready and mature enough to accept what a commitment is all about.

That said, honesty is a good quality, but to is tact. So sometimes choosing not to say a thing, or choosing to say it in a different way can better achieve what you want than saying exactly what you think.

That said, I always did like spunky girls.

• I like a woman who can play straight. I married one that causes most men to run in panic.

The problem you are having is that you are in an age group where people value pliable more than self-processed. Keep in mind that that will change and when people start to understand having a strong partner is a joy and an asset, your value will change. Granted, most men will remain scared of you but those men are mostly weak and have limited prospects in the future (bad partner material themselves).

Also keep in mind, you don't need to appeal to everyone or even the minority of people, just a select few that are worthy of your company.

Until then, have fun yourself and play safe. Now isn't forever and I am very, very grateful that my wife has all the qualities you are talking about.

• I like a girl who is straightforward.

And I like a girl who is a bit sassy.

But by sassy, I mean she's playful with her language.

I don't want a girl who back talks everything I say to her, nor do I want a girl who's intentionally argumentative at all the wrong times.

So no, I don't want a girl to be "rude", but I like a girl to put up a reasonable argument for both meaningful and irrelevant things.

But she needs to know where to draw the line.

And I need to be able to take her places without people being offended by how forward she is with her sassiness.

I suppose, if a girl can come off playful, as opposed to agressive, it's ok if she's a bit "rude".

• Don't always be so blunt to people, this can definitely kill their self esteem and may turn them away from you.

Also, it may not be the guys faults...have you tried to step up to plate and prove that you are not just a fun time? If so, find the people that respect that the most and try to create a relationship with them, he may end up being a boyfriend, if not that, then a really good friend at least.

• Its hard for me not to be myself, I'm never offensive to people, and I don't think I've ever killed someones self esteem-I'm not a mean person.

• Well "kill" was probably a little dramatic...lol

But, if people consider you as rude, than it is more than likely true, not to be blunt(using your own word :p ), and might not seem obvious to you, but it does to others. Once you start thinking about it, you will almost always catch yourself saying something even the slightest bit of rudeness. Work on it, and I am sure it will fix itself.

• The way you describe yourself, I'd like you, if I were your age and uncomplexed (which I wasn't at 16) Look for the intelligent uncomplexed guys (and he should be kind and gentle too, of course)

BTW, being a virgin at 16 is no big deal but rather normal: most of the 16yr old girls are and few of them are "innocent" :D

• This is kind of complicated, but one thing I think a lot of people forget when it comes to 'blunt' is that there's a time and a place for it.

• nope. well I don't any way. rude girls I stay away from.

• by just what you have said I see nothing wrong with you and nothing that would turn a guy away, unless you are hiding something. just keep trying you will meet the right person who understands you.

• Lord have mercy! Where are your parents? Its called being a lady!

• While being blunt and up front about things has it's advantages and pros, who wants to be around a person that blurts out exactly what's on their mind...all...the...time? it wears on the nerves and gets tiring fast

What Girls Said 3

• firstly, trust me when I say this, at 16 guys don't want a really serious relationship. a relationship is okay, but not a REALLY SERIOUS one. college is a whole lot funner. and the guys a whole lot sexier. lol. trust me I know. and its not your personality that's driving them away, maybe they are not just interested right now. and to be a virgin, they would want to be in a relationship to take it. keep your virginity, its worth more than money can buy. Read my article " For granted.. A lesson of virtue (what a man really wants)" its a true story. also, you may think they are your type, but they may not. show them how sexy you can be by dancing at party with a guy. be really into it. be able to dance to.:-). wait for a good slow song to come and grind really sexy. it is said , dancing is like having sex and it shows how well you would be in bed. and being a virgin is a great teaser, it will want them to come unravel the mystery of the punanie. :).anymore concerns just ask.

• i don't consider you being honest and a stand up person as being rude...rude is a completly different thing...

i think you being the way you are z so intresting and attractive 2 guys at the same time...but maybe guys ur age gets scared easily...guys ur age (most of them I mean) like having some1 easy 2 take over or easy 2 control...so maybe that's the problem

my advice z stay the way you r...thats unique ...and whoever likes you has 2 like you the way you rwithout any changes what so ever

• That doesn't make you rude. I'm the same exact way, and yes, guys are attracted to blunt girls. Just find a guy that won't accept lies and just wants pure honesty.

• True but there is a time and a place for it.

• Ah, I see what you mean.

• Being straight forward is good..but there's a time and place for everything.Know when to bite your tongue.