Do guys really care about how stylish a girl is and how she dresses?

Girls spend tons of money buying cute clothes picking out outfits etc but guys don't seem to care at all. I'm not talking about whether they care or not whether a girl dresses strangely because it's obvious that they would in that case scenario but do guys overall notice what a girl wears? And is it true that you consider girls that don't really show cleavage and/ or don't wear short shorts prudes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course guys notice what women wear, it's impossible not to notice something you look at. That said, if what she's wearing is appealling then we are attacted, it's an involuntary response. In short, dress well and more men will be attracted to you.

As for cleavage and short shorts, they are a definete plus, they show off a woman's "goods", and leave us with the impression that she wants to attract a mate, a sign we find encouraging, plus, it show's she's may be more willing than other women to have sex since she is obviously advertising.

What Guys Said 10

• Guys really don't care all that much about fashion. We aren't the ones pressuring you to do all that; it's other women who do that.

We'd prefer it if you looked decent, but you don't need to go through all that hassle for a normal day. Obviously, special events and occasions justify dressing up and getting made up, and we like it on those occasions, but most guys wouldn't mind at all if you toned it down the rest of the time.

• Not exactly how stylish. Personally I do notice if a girl's wearing something nice, but I won't critique her on it.

I consider girls who don't show much skin to be reserved, not prudes.

• I prefer women who are morbidly obese with layers of cellulitc flab draped from their sickly frames like diseased force-fed cows. STD's are optional.

• Well your in luck because I think there's many like that that are available. But wouldn't you prefer them to wear clothes..

• Thank you, but I have several dozen in my basement. cha cha.

• Oh god... OK ahah

• Yes, to a point. A style can enhance a girl's natural form or looks. It can also sometimes be too much if that's all the girl talks about or thinks about.

Do what you need to do to make yourself look "FABULOUS!" but don't over do it to the point where that's the main focus.

• If you're a stylish girl, you will attract stylish guys, but it won't make any difference to non-stylish guys :)

• Some do but I generally don't...it is nice to be with a female that knows how to dress if need be, however...(:

• oh btw..no I would not consider them to be prudes...(:

• just neat and sexy is normal. I hate girl who dress up just to go to class

• We sort of do, we like are girls to look desirable that's how you attract us lol.

• No, we don't. At least no one I know does.

• I consider girls who cover up completely, to be prudes. Nins and or nun-like. The best way for a woman to dress is to pick out her best asset and accent it. If you have large boobs, it's OK to show cleavage BUT make sure you cover the rest. You want to create mystery. Men typically don't care how you're dressing. It's coming off anyway, eventually, right? It's more about how other women view you. If you do what I recommend, you'll probably get a lot of male attention, which will piss women off. Why? Because, it'll be the right kind of attention

• So your saying that if you have for examples big boobs you should show your cleavage and cover the rest but if you have let's say nice legs you should wear shorts or a skirt but not a revealing skirt.

• Depends on how you want women to view you. Women will assume you're slutty if you wear a short skirt because they tend to be associated with sex. Men don't really assume that you're slutty because you're wearing them, we're just wooing you to get you out of them. :D

But yes, you understand me correctly

What Girls Said 2

• i think they do care and notice to an extent. I think that what they notice though is different from what we put the effort into sort of. they look at how put together you are and how well you look in the clothing e.g. if it is showing off your best assets and camouflaging your less attractive features and how it works on your body, as opposed to us thinking oh dark jeans with a light shirt and I like this pattern or this cut, boot cut or flare? but they will notice when you look hotter in your clothes than usual.

• Well...you have a point there^...but a lot of us don't even care about females showing off their best assets as much as you might think...(:

• I mean my man loves my style and loves how I dress , I keep up with most trends and make them my own. I'm very over the top so my man sometimes says it's too much but now he's use to iet . But he says I'm sexiest when I just randomly throw on clothes and run out the door when I don't put thought into it . SO I would say they kinda do care . Because I know when I go out he likes me to dress to kill like I'm going to an award show so that I wow everyone espically his boys