Why don't more women wear tights/leggings with dresses?

This look works for almost every woman regardless of their weight. It fill in skinny legs to make them more shapely, and minimizes the fat on the legs for the less perfect bodies..only the really big women can't look attractive with

Remember to rate this wondeful question!
Only THREE: Judging by the response, this must be a good question!
Got 36 responseshard to deny it was a good question, ad only THREE stars?

Still can't believe ony three stars, but it was tough to pick the best ANSwer.
Lily got the best answer, ny ah yah myah.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 36

• I can't wear short dresses without either shorts under or tights or leggings.

I feel too bare.

I've seen some really fat (over 300) trying to fit into a pair of tights. & it's even worst when it has designs on it so it looks like this:

link

• hmmm...don't know what age level bare legs are "in" for. I know bare was in for the summer but winter time is an amazing time for fashion. You can dress much more and tights, nylons and leggings are an accessory. I love winter time just for this reason...and for those of you that don't like wearing them because they are uncomfortable around the middle...try thigh his. It is all I wear. It saves time in the bathroom and putting runs in your hose pulling them up and down. Sometimes can be hard to find, but I have ordered mine directly from hanes. They have a website and are less expensive than buying in the store.

• I know, I agree.Unfortunately, right now, the bare look happens to be "In". Take comfort sweetie, asI do happen to be one of those gals that always wears, and enjoys wearing, some type of top shelf sheer hosiery, wether it's tights,pantyhose,or nylon stockings. There aren't a whole lot of us,these days, but I'm not alone, so don't give up hope.Trends always come and go.

• You might add that they work for women of any age! Not many things do.

• Because I don't want to look like I'm 5.

• To elaborate- leggings + dresses is such a stupid look, imo. It works with some outfits, depending on the look that you're going for. But to wear that bs all the time? It looks like some outfit you'd see on a toddler. I think the legging trend is probably one of the worst to resurface. Tights? Little kids wear tights. Pantyhose? That's a different story. Overall, it really depends on the look, but leggings/tights are just ridiculous to me. Whatever floats others' boats.

• Aw, it's cute on adult women too.

• Sorry. I prefer the sophisticated look when putting effort into my clothing for the day. (lazy days = simple top with jeans). Straight up leggings with a dress/skirt or strange colored tights with the same isn't exactly falling into that category. It's just personal preference. Like I said, to each their own. So those who down voted me can kma. God forbid anyone have a differing opinion than the mindless masses.

• I wear dresses/skirts with tights all the time in the fall/winter/spring (whenever it's too cold to go bare-legged, basically). *I* think it looks good. And I love tights, lots of different opacities/textures/colors! The favorite pair I have is sheer black with little hearts on them. :D

I think people look sort of ridiculous wearing skirts/dresses without something underneath when it's cold out.

• i don't wear dresses without them. bare legs make me feel like a prostitute,i mean I don't have anything against bare legs on other girls,or prostitutes for that matter,but I don't feel comfortable without them.

• When it's really hot out, tights and leggings can be inconvenient just for the sweat factor. At least where I live, because we get really hot summers with high humidity, so sweat tends to pool at the small of my back in full tights or leggings and it gets uncomfortable. In that situation, bare legs usually just feel better, you get the breeze and whatnot. For the rest of the year though, I actually prefer having my legs mostly covered under a dress or skirt. Oregon autumns and springs are fairly mild and wearing tights cuts down on any chill and keeps legs a little more dry when it rains. During winter, tights or leggings under dresses and skirts are basically necessity if you want to stay warm at all. =] I have a pretty good collection of all kinds of stockings, full tights and leggings. I prefer them when I wear a skirt, especially if I end up with any kind of razor rash from shaving my legs, which is kind of inevitable no matter what I do because my skin is so sensitive.

• THERE you r...u haven't been on much lately...):

• I know, I was sick all week and neglected my GAG duties. =P I've also been pretty busy the last couple months and pretty much only use the site on my phone lately because I don't have as much spare internet time as I used to, 'IRL' stuff has taken over. But on the upside, I'm not ill anymore and I'm feeling much better, haha. I try to still get on and answer questions when I can though. =]

• I always feel like the leggings/tights box my outfit in too much. I'd rather show off my legs and have the attention on my dress more.

• Leggings are good for grabbing attention! Guys will notice the rest of your clothes more.

• Ehhh maybe, but I go for more of what grabs my attention instead of guys lol.

• Most guys don't have very good fashion sense, either. :p

• 1) tights are uncomfortable and warm

2) while they may flatter your legs, they don't flatter your middle. tights generally have a very tight and binding waistline so whether you are thin or heavy it is hard to avoid the bulge they create when combined with panties. I am not overweight and I do not carry a lot of my weight in the midsection but I definitely notice an extra "line" and possible bulge when I wear tights or pantyhose as opposed to bare legs. The bulge can be minimized with a skirt and shirt but with a dress it is hard to avoid. I have only found very few pairs that do not create this line.

• +1, that's an excellent point, and basically the only thing I really dislike about wearing full tights, lol.

• Really? I've looked carefully and can't detect a bulge in most cases!

• some pairs are worse than others. a lot of time the bulge is only visible with certain clothing or maybe if you are sitting down or leaning over. high waisted panty hose make this less of a problem but they aren't that comfy either

• I really don't wear dresses in general, I've started wearing them recently because I like the designs you can find on them.

Before I didn't really like them beecause, they were so form fitting it felt like I wasn't wearing anything and they kind of remind me of tights (which I also hate, I'd rather be bare-legged than wear tights) although they're more comfortable.

• They look nice I have to say but sometimes I just wanna show off my legs, it is a natural part of my body that I don't feel should be covered up sometimes, I have pants for that -.-

• Sometimes they itch. I'm a fan of them, except when it's hot. Also, they aren't cheap, being that they tear really easily.

• I always wear tights (well in the winter anyways) Tights with shorts, tights with day/night dresses,tights with skirts yeahhh you get the point-I'm not sure why people think tights make you look young-pair them up with high heels or a great outfit and it works :) I just personally not keen on leggings!

• I wear them all the time! I like wearing dresses but it's too cold to have bare legs in the winter so I wear tights or thick leggings underneath.

• It depends on the dress, usually. If its shorter then I'll wear tights underneath it, but otherwise I don't worry too much about it. I like my legs, so why not show them off? :) Of course, I wear dresses very rarely so I suppose I don't have to bother with tights that much in the first place. I prefer to stick to jeans.

• They itch like hell. I never touched them again.

Plus, some color leggings don't go to well with the dresses.

• I think a lot of women wear them, unless it's summer and hot outside. Then they get icky and uncomfortable

• it looks silly on adult women. that's something I see young girls and teenagers wear

• Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

• Theyre also 'fill out' clothes, as if you'd know about that.

• "Wimmins" ? What the hell is "Wimmins" ?

What the Hell did Jessie Jackson say ? Yessssssssssssssssss SIRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• I like wearing them. But contrary to what you said, I think only girls who are in shape should wear them.

Oh and by the way, I gave this question a rating of "Miserable" lol

• I gave you a down arrow for your miserable answer. Although actually I agree with you pretty much..still, a girl who's just a little out of shape has her figure enhanced by them actuallly.

• I wear tights with skirts almost all the time, except in the summer when it's too hot.

I don't tan real easy so I have to plan ahead and use some tanning lotion on my legs before summer. Otherwise I blind people.

• lol..I think you would likely make my eyes feel better...(:

• I like sheer tights or patterned tights. I would never wear opaque leggings with a dress though. That looks stupid, I know its popular in China but I saw A LOT of butt ugly/questionable fashion trends when I went there. Does not mean I will wear it

• I do't see many ugly girls here. And I am always looking.

• Are you sure you're actually 31 and not some 12 year old trolling on moms computer? Go to bed

• "Twat"...another girl...called you a "Twat" ?

• i like bare legs better

• Slave to fashion

• And you must be 5. Using that comeback makes you look ridiculous.

• Green green, I'm going away, to whine and be jealous

Green green, I'm going away, to join the other fat grls

• I love tights and leggings. I don't think they are uncomfortable, maybe that's just because my grandmother always used to tell me "Beauty is pain" if I ever complained about my braids being too tight or my shoes hurting my feet. I love wearing them, especially if the weather is a bit chilly, that way I can still wear that mini-dress. I'm not over weight, but I do have a little bit of a "spare tire" as I call it around my hips. I often use tights and leggings that are high waisted to hide it, even under pants. And they are also great for when I don't have time to wax my legs. But most of the time I chose not to wear them, I have been told I have great legs, so I like to show them off.

• i only wear tights with dresses or skirts in the winter time. not leggings with them though

• I wear opaque tights under dresses and skirts all the time. Sometimes I'll wear leggings but they are much thicker and don't create the same look.

• tights yes, leggings hell no

• I prefer leggings and skirts more.

With dresses only if it is extremly cold...or I forgot to shave my legs or somethig.

I prefer bare legs with dresses though.

• I like my legs.

So I show bare leg skin.

• i rarely use dresses, but when I do it's not with tights/leggings

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 5

• I love women. They're so delicious, irrespective of what they wear.

• Tights are sick .the girl will look attractive when she's wearing them .thts hot

• For most women, I would much rather see bare legs.

• Nag, nag...ALRIGHT ALREADY! I gave you 5 stars..want me to message all of my friends too? O:O..but..I agree with you...only thing that is hotter is bare legs..but I see that some are saying they itch? That would not be good.../:

• Obviously some people gave this a 1, can't understand why

• He is a bit of a nag about it isn't he? If people don't want to do it they just won't sorry QA

• LOL! Alright you 2...get off of my Answer! Why don't you chat with me instead...(:(:(:(:

• I agree, most every woman looks alluring in them