How come there aren't a lot of women with excessive tattoos?

I know I love a lot of tattoos on a woman but it seems rare to see a woman covered in them. I've only seen 2 women in total. My question is why is that? I know the stereotypes are behind it but, is that really the case? I think these women are beautiful do you agree?

link

link

link

Most Helpful Girl

• No offense to anyone on here because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but a lot of the questions where girls are asking about whether a guy finds tattoos or piercings attractive are met with hostility or just guys saying they think it's ugly. Maybe girls are hearing that and thinking that guys won't like them if they get tattoos or piercings. That is just one theory of mine. I personally think people should do what they want, and not change to impress other people.

I personally think tattoos are beautiful, although I don't have any because I don't know what I would get or want permanently on my body :P. I would have no issue dating a guy with a tattoo or several. It doesn't bother me. People can think what they want, I understand why some people dislike tattoos some have religious reasons for not liking them. But I am glad to know there are guys out there who are not grossed out by them! :)

I think for the majority of people though, it's a preference. Or it is because there are stereotypes that society has not grown out of yet. I'm sure tattoo/piercing acceptance will grow as it becomes more mainstream.

I think the woman you have showed are beautiful :)

What Girls Said 10

• I think it does boil down to a societal stigma. There is a tendency for women covered in tatts to be perceived as less feminine, skanky or even trashy. When IMO, it's about personal expression and attitude. If people would learn to mind their own f***en business, and let people live as individuals then maybe we could all live more freely.

• I've seen quite a few women with lots of tats. I agree, I think it's beautiful when done properly. But possible reasons are:

-some men hate lots of tats (or any at all)

-ageing

-fading

-not 'feminine'

-cultural reasons

-permanency

-work

Etc.

For me, I have multiple tats and I love them, but I only get them where they can be covered. I consider ageing, professionality and the likely changes my body will go through. I want my tattoos to remain as timeless as possible, and I find that extensive ones would make that very difficult.

• "Would you put a bumper sticker on a Bentley?"

-Kim Kardashian

• it looks kinda ratchet and manly. I think excessive tatts decrease a womans appearance. why put a bumper sticker on a bently? a few small pretty ones are cool here and there, but extremely noticeable ones just give them that rough truck stop look :/ but for some reason its sexy on guys

• I've noticed this! I think it's because society says that it is unladylike.

• The idea of marking my body up permanently just doesn't appeal to me. I see it as being tainted. I wouldn't mind having one on my lower back but that's it

• I think it's because when you get older it will get all wrinkly and look weird.

• probably because their to chicken sh*t to take the pain(;

• i have a few, but I'm not going to go crazy.

IF I decide to not like one, one day... then well you know.

• Our bodies change a lot more than men's do, due to popping out the offspring.

What Guys Said 3

• Now that's just nasty 0_o

• Ugh no. I really don't like tats on girls.

• Come to California Dre. and you'll find plenty