At-home highlights? Will I ruin my hair?

Did it go well for you? Is it difficult? And most importantly, if I do them at home will I ruin my hair?

I just need a cheap alternative.

Most Helpful Girl

• You won't ruin it completely but you'll definitely harm your hair. Your hair will be harmed no matter where you go, highlights are still chemicals. I suggest you go and get them done professionally. My mom tried to do highlights and it came out the wrong color and bled throughout her hair. Highlights aren't easy to do. It usually takes the professionals sometime getting used to doing them and getting them right so I'd assume a home treatment wouldn't go so well.

What Guys Said 1

• The more you color your hair, the more you kill it. No matter if it's at home or at the salon

What Girls Said 1

• I did it once (my mom did) when I was... 8 years old! But it did look nice and gave my hair color. I'd say have someone help you with it and it'll turn out fine. :)