She says I'd be more attractive if I wasn't as nerdy?

What do you guys and girls think of changing yourself to be more attractive? a lot of people argue "The right person will like you for who you are" but how far into changing yourself is "too far that you shouldn't have to do that"?

In my situation I've been talking to this girl who's in a relationship that's kinda "rocky" so to speak. The guy is a total tool and doesn't really treat her right. Anyway my friend asked her if she'd ever be interested in me and she replied with "he'd be more attractive if he wasn't nerdy".

So in the end what do you all think? Are there certain situations where changing yourself to be more attractive is ok? Or should it be like "the right person will like you for who you are"?

• Change yourself to be more attractive, if its not too much
  • Dont change yourself, the right person will like you.

Most Helpful Girl

• She'd be more attractive if she was more assertive. If she's with a tool it's because she WANTS to be.

She's not for you. If she's calling you names, then she's not the girl for you.

If you're "nerdy" in your manner of dress, it's okay to suggest that you dress up a bit better, but don't make any major personality changes for anyone. The only thing a "nerd" is ... is an intellectual. Why in the world would you be ashamed of being smart?

Go find a person who loves and appreciates you. She's out there.

What Girls Said 6

• Well nerds do tend to be less attractive to most girls, so if you did change you'd have a wider pool of girls to choose from. But if you stay the same way, then the girl you do find would probably be more compatible with you because she liked you for the way you are. Basically your nerdiness would block a lot of girls, but it would be kind of specialized interest to some girls and they'd appreciate it more.

• Don't change yourself to please other people.. its the worst thing you can do.. there will be plenty of people who will appreciate you for who you are.. honestly screw her.. if she wants to change who you are than she doesn't deserve you

• What's wrong with being nerdy? My baby is as nerdy as they come, and I love him more than myself.

• Don't change. if you're not yourself, the relationship isn't worth it.

PS I <3 nerds! there's nothing wrong with it

• Do not change yourself. There is nothing wrong with being nerdy. It is a big plus in my eyes. You want to be with someone who likes you for who you are. I have had so many men try to change me and I let them and became less than myself. I will never let that happen again.

• The right person will like you for who you are. Definitely and truly.

What Guys Said 3

• Small changes, don't go for full life changes unless they are for you. Maybe change your hair, go to the gym or get a new hobby outside of the "nerd" category.

• thats what I was thinking. your answer combined with prettybrown's answer sum up my thoughts.

• Don't bother with her. She's digging for reasons to stay with him and digging for reasons to push you to the side. Don't try to understand how it works. If I change myself, it's because I want to, not to please a girl.

• what you need to to is change, but only on the outside. nothing problem with being a nerd in private but don't advertise it to the rest of the world