Why do people push their insecurities on others?

When people have insecurities about their physique, looks,etc, why do they feel the urge to push it down on others.

Its all around us, from women getting upset at other women who have bigger breasts/ or better looks, Or men who feel they need to show they can still be a man when there is a guy who is bigger in terms of muscles.

Even on here, Majority of the site is white and that doesn't bug me, but I do get some heat from other males because they wonder about us "black guys gardening tools".

My question to you is, how do you feel about it when people do this.

• To make them feel better about themselves.
  • So they can feel like they have a fighting chance.
  • Hell if I know, I just want to see the results

Most Helpful Guy

• Like DRE said, it's pretty much a combo and, yeah, it's a bunch of bull. But, I'll be honest, while I don't have sympathy for attacking/putting others down in order to make yourself feel better, I do have sympathy to the train of thought. Let's use your example of "black guys gardening tools." It pisses me off when other white guys on here go off one a black dude for simply having a penis and being black. That said, do you realize how much we, as white guys, have the whole "once you go black, never go back" and stuff like "ooh, I bet his d***'s huge" (when referencing a random black guy) shoved in our faces by white women. And I'm talking real life women, not just on GaG. It's annoying as hell. So, while I don't agree with it, I can still see where the feelings come from. That's my stance with a lot of insecurity issues.

What Girls Said 6

• It's called projection. It's a psychological defense mechanism. People do this because they feel uncomfortable with some way that they're feeling, so they place those feelings and perceptions on the people around them, because that makes them feel more acceptable.

• I think for women its more to A but for men its a combination of A and B.People do this obviously have insecurity problem that bug them inside and out.By putting down others they can feel that they are 'superior' at least,or feel better about themselves.They are too self conscious and they want others to feel the same way as they do.Probably will feel better that 'oh yeah I am not alone'

• I feel that when people do this they are just trying to make themselves look better, but it really only makes them look worse. I mean seriously people are going to waste their lives away insulting people because oh that guy has a bigger d*** so I need to bully him or oh she has big boobs so she must be a slut. come on people grow up. to some people you look amazing, to others your average, and then to some your down right ugly but its all called preference not who you actually are.

• it's totally an ego thing. it happens. they need to be lifted up rather then try to push those aroun dthem down.

• If they say to someone what their insecurities are they expect the person to respond by telling them that they shouldn't be insecure and they're perfect the way they are...just a way to be told that they're perfect the way they are and to boost their self esteem.

• yeah I get it a lot from other women. the girls who have given me beef were self hating insecure bitches and I am fairly confident and I think it bothers them deep down that I'm not fazed by things. I don't compete with other girls because I am confident in my own skin.

What Guys Said 2

• I am guilty of doing this =/

• Certainly a combo of A&B