At what age does a guy stops growing?

6 month ago I was at my doctors office they measured my height I was 6'2 but I had an appointment there on Friday and they measured me again and I was 6'3 so I grew one inch in 6 month. I am 22 years old and I want to stop growing. At what age is the cut off for guys to grow? I don't want to turn out to be one of the awkwardly tall guys. Is there anything I can do to not grow taller. Next week I will have a CT scan on my brain to make sure I don't have any tumors that prevents my body from not growing. My doctor suggested that I should have that done. Since I'm the tallest person in my family. But I don't have any headaches so I doubt I have a tumor in my brain.

Most Helpful Girl

• My bro stop growing at 19 and he's 5"8.(Don't comment on how short he is please.

What Girls Said 8

• Girls love tall guys, don't worry about it! Get your CT scan done just to be safe though. However guys usually stop growing 18-early twenties. It really depends on the guy and his genes.

• Most girls do and some don't. Life isn't all about girls. There are many other reasons why I don't want to be super tall

• You only said that you didn't want to be an awkwardly tall guy, hence saying that you care if people see you in an awkward way.

• Lol why don't you want to be taller? Girls, like myself, like tall guys and many other guys would definitely love to have your height

• Depends if he's a late bloomer

• I heard 21 for guys

• I'm almost positive that the average age a male stops growing is 25. You don't have much longer. :p

• 10 years after puberty

• Damn you're tall.

• okay I took anatomy and physiology in college, studying nursing and the answer is 25 for all people. 25 is the cut off date of when your bones stop growing. your bones have an epiphyseal plate where growth of new osteo cells grow and the length of your bones gradually lengthen, but after 25, that epiphyseal plate disappears and dies. whatever length bones you have will remain for life.

i actually was 5'6 in high school and in college I went to the doctor and was 5'8. and that's the tallest peak for me.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm 6'3. I know guys who are 6'4, 6'5, 6'7 and 7'.

Take the height man. Take it. I'd be taller if I could, lol.

• Man, I'm 5'11''. I would kill to be like 6'3''! I want to dunk a basketball so badly!