Recently I read a response from a girl that was something along the lines of "attractive men are less likely to receive attention/be approached by women than are moderate looking men". the reasoning was that the attractive man does/should have the confidence and ego to approach women and likely already has plenty of women after him. therefor he would certainly approach any girl he wanted. just wondering if there is any truth to this?
- Of course this is true, everyone knows that33% (2)11% (1)20% (3)Vote
- Never thought of that, but sounds pretty legit....im enlightened0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- Never thought of that, but sounds pretty ridiculous0% (0)33% (3)20% (3)Vote
- This is a common theory, but its pretty ridiculous33% (2)22% (2)27% (4)Vote
- Other34% (2)34% (3)33% (5)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I think there might be some truth to it, but it is one of those things that is hard to prove one way or another. There's no really sound way to test it. I will say this much on the topic...
I've talked to several female friends who have confirmed that they often view very attractive men in a poor light. They assume that these types of men should already be taken or are players, in much the same way that a really attractive woman is perceived as being bitchy or manipulative if she doesn't have a boyfriend. There might be some truth to the stereotypes, but when you boil it all down, we're still all individuals at the end of the day.2