Any truth to this regarding attractive men?

Recently I read a response from a girl that was something along the lines of "attractive men are less likely to receive attention/be approached by women than are moderate looking men". the reasoning was that the attractive man does/should have the confidence and ego to approach women and likely already has plenty of women after him. therefor he would certainly approach any girl he wanted. just wondering if there is any truth to this?

• Of course this is true, everyone knows that
  • Never thought of that, but sounds pretty enlightened
  • Never thought of that, but sounds pretty ridiculous
  • This is a common theory, but its pretty ridiculous
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there might be some truth to it, but it is one of those things that is hard to prove one way or another. There's no really sound way to test it. I will say this much on the topic...

I've talked to several female friends who have confirmed that they often view very attractive men in a poor light. They assume that these types of men should already be taken or are players, in much the same way that a really attractive woman is perceived as being bitchy or manipulative if she doesn't have a boyfriend. There might be some truth to the stereotypes, but when you boil it all down, we're still all individuals at the end of the day.

What Girls Said 3

• The attractive men (who are conscious of it) are full of themselves, meaning they have a huge ego. And their huge ego can crush yours in a second. And because no one likes to get their ego crushed, they don't approach.

But an attractive guy, who genuinely doesn't see that he is attractive, is the sexiest man I believe.

• I think this all comes down to his ego and personality. There are some shy and humble good-looking men out there...

• there's some truth to that sure. attractrive men are confident and know who they are.

What Guys Said 1

• Thats my new excuse for never getting approached lol