What's a reason a girl would immediately look down?

I told this girl the other day that I thought she did her makeup and hair really well. Might have been a gay thing to do but..I did it anyway, since I really did like how she did both. She immediately looked down and she did she said "thank you". Why did she do this?

Keep in mind, I've never met her before

and when she did that she said*
she said it with a smile, btw

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be as some people are saying that she was blushing from the remark. But honestly, the first thing I thought of and I think is the most likely scenario, is that it's an instinctual gesture of humility. That slight decline in the head shows that she is humble and is accepting of the compliment but doesn't let it inflate her head. I think a lot of people when accepting something humbly slight bow their heads when receiving it. It's an instinctual body language similiar to standing tall with shoulders pulled back shows confidence.

What Girls Said 6

• It's an involuntary expressing of emotion. No, she might not be blushing like everyone is saying, but it is an indicator of feeling shy or embarrassed. She could be a demure person or unaccustomed to compliments, and among other reasons.

HOWEVER, don't go over your head. It doesn't necessarily mean she likes you. :) I'm just letting you know because if you wonder about a little thing like this, she's obviously on your mind..

• Well I didn't think she liked me, but thanks for reassuring that fact ;)

LOL, no..I would obviously have to talk to her more...I just really liked how she looked, so I got the balls to tell her

• She deosnt no you ever so it could have been pretty creepy or awkward for her...yall are not friends so don't hope for a full blown conversation...that incident is to the equivalent of a girl saying "can you pass the salt?" and saying "thankyou" when you hand it to her then she look back down...she deosnt know you therefore she deosnt pay you or owe you any attention. hope I didn't come off harsh :)

• Harsh or not, if someone gives you a compliment you look them straight in the eye and say thank you. Didn't anyone teach you any manners

• TRUE TRUE STRANGER OR NOT MANNERS ARE IMP.

• aww I do that too, its because she's shy/blushing/grateful for your compliment

• She's probably just shy, I usually look down when people I don't know very well compliment me

• she's blushing lol

• Shy.

What Guys Said 5

• She was hoping that a more attractive and appealing man would have complimented her(not saying you're a bad guy, that's just most likely what she was thinking). When she looked down, she was bracing herself and hoping that you would go away and not make things awkward.

Keep in mind, I'm very pessimistic when it comes to this sort of thing so take it for what it's worth.

• haha, very funny! lol. you have a very unique way of killing someone's self esteem! ;P jk. nice sense of humor though. lol.

• Most people find something humorous when there is a grain of truth... :)

• haha, that is right! :P I find it hilarious. Me and a few members of my family are like this once in a while. I appreciate this kind of humor. lol.

• ... and?

I do not see anything unusual about her reaction or anything wrong in what you said or how you said it. If I see something worthy of a compliment on somebody, unless I'd be interrupting a conversation, I usually go right ahead and say it.

• I just feel like I shouldn't have said anything

• Because it was a girl I had never met

• Totally wrong! The best possible words you can meet a girl with are words of praise that she deserves

• Did she just move her eyes downward, or did she tilt her head?

• Tilted her head

• No clue then. If it was just the eyes, it could've been emberrassment or shyness.

• I girl did this as well when completed her because she was blushing. The same is probably true for this girl.

• I think you made her blush. :-)