If these Korean actors came to Hollywood, strictly from their looks, who do you think would be most & least successful?

just curious. If these Korean actors came to Hollywood, strictly from their looks, who do you think would be most & least successful? Which ones do you personally find most/least attractive?

Gong Yoo(6'1")

link

link

link

Jisub So(6'1")

link

link

link

link

Insung Jo(6'2")

link

link

link

Jiho Oh(6'1")

link

link

link

link

Giwoo Lee(6'3")

link

link link

Sungsoo Kim(6'1")

link

link

For the second link of Jiho Oh, right click your mouse on the blank picture and click "show picture/image"

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that Jiho Oh and Sungsoo Kim would be the most successful and also most attractive. I like their clothing choices, they seem like they would fit in with american culture. Plus Sungsoo Kim looks a little silly (in a good way, I like silly guys) in some of his pictures, like he'd probably make me laugh. I think that Jisub So would have the hardest time. I think I was turned off by some of his clothes that he was wearing and his long hair. I'm not a big fan of guys with long hair.

But I will tell you this. I had a fling with a guy from Korea last year. We worked together at an investment firm. He went to an ivy league school, was a math major (yes I guess you could call him a math geek), but he also had great style and was really nice. He was one of the smartest and hardest working guys in the office and I found that to be very sexy. I was sad when he moved to Germany. Anyways, good luck with the girl and roll model search. I'm sure you'll meet someone amazing!

• Thanks your answer was helpful. see, this is why I need some different perspectives. most korean women I know would be shocked to find out you would put Jisub at the bottom. He's the hottest thing to them. Also, I guess Insung and Gong Yoo don't do anything for you either? lol why? see, this is interesting, because any korean women I know would virtually throw herself at either of those guys. interesting to see how different cultures teaches you to have different mate selection preferences

• Okay.. to put the question down to realistic sense..

a two new romantic comedy comes out (let's just say that's what you want to watch)

one features a new white actor who looks just as good as brad pitt, the other features Jiho Oh.

you heard both are very good actors and both movies have very good plots.

which would you want to go watch? or no preference?

• I think that having new actors in American films would be a great change. Honestly, Brad Pitt is hott and a great actor but I literally haven't seen a movie he's been in for years. Everything is so over done and I'm kind of bored with watching the same guy. It might take Americans a little time to get used to seeing an Asian as a leading male in movies but I think it can be done. I think that people would have to get used to them first (like any actor)

What Girls Said 11

• Gong Yoo is pretty good looking, but not like WOW.

But I don't really like Jisub So's hair (mustache thing, whatevers going on there)

Insung Jo's last pic is hooottttttt but overall, he's ok-looking

Jiho Oh is one of those good looking older guys but he's not THAT hot

GIWOO LEE IS CUTE :) I like him

Sungsoo Kim? mehhh

I'm going to have to say second last is the most attractive (bonus pnts for being tall), and least attractive: Jisub or Sungsoo

I'm an Asian girl and I'm a bit picky when it comes to Asian guys :P

• PS Gong Yoo has nice abs ;)

• So I'm a little different?

• Haha.. well I wanted to hear your explanation, not just that. and no, actually, you are not all that different. your kind of mentality is quite common in asian girls who've been exposed to american media a lot.

• ok, seriously they're all hot and yummy lol

i'm half asian and I think a lot of korean guys are pretty good looking

but good looks aren't everything

• Really? what's your other half? (and is that your dad?) and can you rank them? (and keep in mind this is about who you think is likely to succeed in hollywood, not your personal preference)

• In sungjo, the third guy, inmy opinion IS SO HOT!

Half Dutch/ English & Half Chinese lol it's kewl

• Alright,I'm Canadian (Native and Scottish) and I find Korean men absolutely stunning. I think they have a more manly air to them the Japanese or Taiwanese no offense! I love them all!

Gong Yoo: I have seen him in a show called Coffee Prince and although those pictures don't do him justice he is amazing looking; he grows on you aha.

Insung Jo: He's very cute :3

Jiho Oh: So handsome and civilized when he wears his glasses!

Giwoo Lee: Looks even better with lengthily hair

Sungsoo Kim: He's alright, I'm not one for facial hair.

I think if any of them came to Hollywood if none could accept them because of there looks they would definitely win people over with their amazing acting skills. So out of them all I found Gong Yoo more attractive.

Although all of them are stunning I prefer Junsu Kim from DBSK, Bi-rain, Li Jun Ki, and Lee Dong Wook but your choices are good too.

• (most to least)

Sungsoo Kim - Hotter than hot. Although I personally think he looks better without facial hair. He's an amazing actor, I've watched a couple of his movies.

Jisub So - Very good looking, but not so sure about his mustache in the 4th link.

Giwoo Lee - Tall and handsome.

Insung Jo - Just adorable, haha especially in the first link.

Gong Yoo - Great body.

Jiho Oh - He looks old but definitely handsome for his age.

• Gong Yoo

He's HOT! :)

• Are you one of those asian drama fanatics? or just a typical girl of your place? I just want to know if this is an objective opinion.

what do you think makes gongyoo stand out from others? what features of him do you find attractive?

which one is worst?

• How about a modelike kind of look? check this guy out and tell me what you think. do you still like Gong Yoo better?

link

link

• This guy is too skinny and...has nothing I like...

Yes! I still like Gong Yoo the best of all of these! :P

• I think that Gong yoo, Insung Jo, Giwoo Lee, and Sungsoo Kim are frikken HOT

• Thanks. but can you rank them and briefly say what you like about them? also, I'm still surprised this guy->Jisub So hasn't even been picked once on here yet... he's definitely one of the most popular one here, if not the most. take a look at him again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uS5Tk8uUSU)

and below are also videos of other candidates. so check'em out and rank'em! explain why too.. if you don't mind...!

• Insung Jo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP9PX5NgEis)

Jiho Oh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WCXGIxo1tI&feature=related)

Giwoo Lee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljvb0nLnEwM)

Gong Yoo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9s3Q9-ASs8&feature=related)

btw, are you already familiar with korean celebrities?

• *droool* Must we share them with Hollywood? Can't we keep them all to ourselves? :3

• Gong Yoo is ok but nothing amazing.

Jisub So looks like he has a good body but I'm not sure about that bit of fluff on his face. He doesn't seem to know if it's coming or going...and long hair on a guy is not for me.

Insung Jo looks ok in the last picture but perhaps a bit metrosexual for me but very hollywood.

Jiho Oh looks hott in the second and third pictures but a bit iffy in the first and fourth. Still hott though.

Giwoo Lee is just plain and looks like a guy I could pass in the street and not look once let alone twice at (which is I suppose not the point off head-turning hollywood).

Sunsoo Kim...errrrr NO!

I think it is natural for people to be more critical of people outside of their own race and therefore tend to go for those who look most like their own coutries people.

I am from the USA which could quite possibly be why I find Jiho Oh, as he does look the most all-american. But that's a generalisation and doesn't work for all parties.

Bring on the onslaught...

• Appreciate your feedbacks... yeah, it is true people will naturally have favoritism towards their own group of people.

but more precisely, people have favoritism towards those they can 1.RELATE TO and 2.FITS THEIR PRECONCEIVED IDEA OF BEAUTY, which is mostly affected by what you see on media.

however, media has been mostly one-way from America-> rest of the world, the two factors aren't equal in all parties, and that's why things aren't equal for all parties.

• So thanks with your confirmation of my theory. here are some videos of these actors where you'll be able to assess their appearance more accurately. so, if you have more feedbacks to give or have changed your mind about them, feel free to. thanks.

Insung Jo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP9PX5NgEis)

• Actually, one more question for you. what part of America have you grown up in? city? which city? was it racially diverse? was it racially intermingled?(which is different from the question of racially diverse -- in other words, was there a strong tendency for people to hang out with groups of their own races?) how racially diverse has been your highschool and college?

• Sungsoo Kim and Jiho Oh looks best.

I liked all the pics but Bi Rain is my favourite !

• Are you korean? if not, how did you get to know about him?

• Where do you think Penelope Cruz is from ?

• So you are spanish

• I couldn't finish my answer in my other comment.. so I started a new one. I think that the american public would just have to get used to seeing more asian faces in mainstream movies, but that the transition could be done.. I LOVED Herold and Kumar. Both actors were hot and asian and very funny. Kal Penn is the more famous actor right now because he's also on House, so I think he would have an easier transition. But if they ever put him in a romantic comedy I would definitely go see the movie. He's very cute and I bet the movie would be hilarious.

• Well I was really talking about east asian guys (people of mongoloid heritage ex.korean). question of whether south asians(ex.indian) or southeast asians guys(ex.filipino) can sell in american market is completely different question. most of all, they look completely different just in case you did not know. east asians are genetically more different from south asians or southeast asians that they are from caucasians.

• But anyways back to the problem, well I guess the question would be how long will it take for american audience to get used to a good-looking asian actor who has the main role in hollywood movies. I think it will at least take a few more generations for those kinds of stereotypes to die out. too bad I won't get to see it.

• weird, I picked the same as the other girl below me: Jiho Oh and Sungsoo Kim. the others look a bit fragile to me - we caucasians have a different bone structure sio I guess that might come into play.

• Was it the question of being buffer for you? well in that case I don't know why you thought Jiho and Sungsoo were any buffer than the others. the other guys seem just as buff as those two(of course with the exception of Insung, who is supposed to be into the whole metrosexual thing). hmm do you really think they are fragile? then you'd probably think Brad Pitt is too fragile for you too. I thought Brad Pitt is considered perfect by most american women's standards? not too buff, not too fragile..

• I'm from ole' Germany

which would you want to go watch? or no preference? and why?

What Guys Said 2

• None, there isn't really a market for them here. But if I had to pick one it would be Jiho Oh.

The only Koren Actor doing anything of significance was that guy on Lost.

• First, why is a man answering this question? lol

second, why do you think that? is there something about them that lacks something for american girls to like them? (plz be detailed) or are they just not familiar enough for american viewers?

yes, Daniel Dae Kim. how sad is that even the only remotely successful asian guy in the american media has to pretend he doesn't speak english? his korean in lost was absolutely horrifying too.

• Right, no doubt there stereotypes. but I think guys like these can break that stereotype once he makes it to the casting of a blockbuster(not as a ninja role but some sort of leading male or romantic role). I mean, don't you think so? these are kind of faces that american girl have never seen in their lives. they are def. not the asian guy they have in mind. I mean of course, there's the language/cultural barrier and everything else. but that's a different question. my question is IF they makeit

• Totally agreed.

• how is this important in your life?

• Oh believe me it is.. if you are an asian man living in america. a girl will treat you like another math geek, another kugfu master, another William Hung or Jacki Chan even before she gets to meet you.

asian men need someone who can serve as a better role model/representative in the american media. perception on asian men has been so grossly distorted it's time for something to be done.

• Read the question SemiShy... "strictly from their looks"

• SemiShy.. btw your sister is pretty damn cute. are you arab?