Can the tattoo stretch?

I want a tattoo on the right lower abdominal , not a huge one but a small one. I have been told that it can stretch when your pregnant. Does anyone know if this is true or not cause I really want one but I don't want it to look nasty once I have kids.

Most Helpful Guy

• My sister got a tattoo of an angel when she was 16 in that exact spot. After two pregnancies, it no longer looks anything like an angel. It kind of looks like a winged german shepherd.

• wow , I would be pretty mad at that winged german shepherd lol

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, they can stretch and deform. If you're planning to have kids, don't get a tattoo anywhere on your abdomen until you're done. If you must get a tattoo, get one elsewhere.

• I already have one on my lower back cause I was to scared to get it on my stomach lol

• Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

• Its true.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes it will stretch and when the pregnancy is over your once really cute tattoo will, at best, probably look like a deformed blob. I would only get a tattoo on your stomach if you are 100% sure you will never have kids. Another option would be to stay in amazing shape and get it when you're 40 when it's not very likely you'll have kids. I have a tattoo on my hip bone that's really tiny but it's low enough where when I get pregnant it should be fine (and if not it's small so who cares). Pregnancy is way different than just gaining a little weight, there's a difference between gaining 10 pounds and carrying around a kid for 9 months.

• i have a tattoo on my lower right belly right where you want it. I've gained and lost weight with it and its the same exact way. it all depends on YOUR skin and genetics. everyone will be different :) good luck