Why do out of shape guys think buff guys get women easily?

A friend of mine that is out of shape thinks that buff guys get a lot of attention from women just because of their body. That's rarely true so why do they think this?

Updates:
By out of shape I mean fat. He thinks anyone with any definition gets women easily.

0|0
4|5

Most Helpful Guy

• They watch too many cartoons and Hollywood movies, no doubt, they're aimed at about the same maturity level.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Well, for one I think it has to do with effort.

A completely out of shape guy is like that for a reason. He typically doesn't care and this carries through into other aspects of life as well.

A buff guy needs to put effort into looking like that. He will likely put effort into other things also instead of sitting around playing video games all day.

People like to sugarcoat it but appearances do mean a lot.

1|0
    0|1
  • Buff guys do get more attention than fat men. more women are attracted to them. this is true.

0|0
    0|0
  • i kind of think some buff men get more attention than out of shape men. Its not for all men ofcourse, it depends a lot on their personality, but your buddy is right there. Usually physically attractive people get more attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is true though.. only because as humans we tend to look for a healthy mate, and when people clearly take care of their selves, it shows that they would probably produce healthy children. And subconsciously, humans look for mating partners. It's the same with men..if you saw an in shape woman beside an out of shape woman, you'd want to give the in shape woman ore attention because she takes care of herself, and that attracts us human beings (unless you're a chubby chaser...)

0|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 4

• The grass is always greener on the other side.

Of course it would be easier for the guy who is fit and healthy than for the guy who is obviously obese, but it's still quite a difficult endeavor.

0|1
    0|0
  • because it is mostly true

0|0
    0|1
  • Maybe he is thinking that men get a better standing in women's minds at least if they have a good body, and you're thinking that he's meaning actual hands on attention. Just a guess about miscommunication or different definitions.

I think what people are saying is true. Sure people that look better get more attention, but how much is dependent on how they act too. You might look good but aren't very approachable. That could be why you don't get how people say they get more attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because men who are usually in shape are overlooked.

0|0
    0|0