Do a lot of short guys have less confidence when it comes to asking women out? Or do they just prefer tall?

Ive noticed something. Short guys don't try to ask me out nearly half as much as tall men do. I'm short. Not extremely short - 5'3 - but short. Some would call that average, but average population can still be short. lol everyone tells me I'm short anyway, I can't reach high things easily, etc. so onto my question. I'm not really bothered that short men don't talk to me. I love tall men. however, its just interesting that they don't even try with me. my best friend is a little shorter than I am - 5'2 - and she notices the same thing. all the guys she has been with have been much taller. at least 5'11 but usually a little taller.

so I'm curious. are all the short guys getting with tall chicks? it could just be our experiences but I know some other short girls who are even shorter or around our height who say the same. tall men hit on us more than short guys do. and by tall I mean actually tall, not just tall compared to us.

short guys this question is for you: do you like short girls? are you not as into short girls? do you prefer tall girls? or is it a confidence issue?

What Guys Said 1

• I would that it depends. For example I'm short I'm only 5'5 and I love shorter girls. I talk to them because I don't care about my height. I'm a very confident guy. It all depends on the guy if he's shy or not. If they would hit on you would you date them? Because you said you like tall guys...

• i mean, I definitely prefer tall guys, but it depends on the person. there's a guy I know who is gorgeous, intelligent, funny, etc. he's seriously one of the most attractive men I've ever seen in my life. if he were single and interested in me, id definitely date him. he's about 5'5'', 5'6. he has a girlfriend though and I think she's taller than he is actually. she's also very unattractive, but that's another story. it all depends on the person, but I really like tall men.

• yea your right it all depends on the person. Sometimes you fall in love with people that you wouldn't think that you would like.

What Girls Said 1

• "I'm not really bothered that short men don't talk to me. I love tall men."

I can't imagine why they would have low confidence...

Anyway, I'm 5'10" and I've been approached by both short and tall guys. The short guys who say the, "omg, I loveee tall women" thing, and tall men who say the same or just don't care about height. *shrugs* My short girlfriends get hit on by short guys, too.

• idk maybe its just something about some of my friends and I that repels short guys. who knows lol I'm just curious. some complete strangers preferences won't be enough to affect your confidence unless you already have preexisting issues with confidence.

• Probably just coincidence, I don't knoww.