How do I get nice long hair as fast as possible?

my hair is about shoulder length and I want it to grow. faster. I have 18 inch extensions for while I wait, but I would prefer for my actual hair to start growing like a mother f***er. any hair tips period would be helpful.

Most Helpful Girl

• I shaved my head for pediatric cancer and tried to grow my hair out as fast as possible. I took Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins and would put my hair in at least 3-5 pony tails a night when I went to sleep. The pony tails would help stimulate my hair glands or what ever they are called.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Certain vitamins can help:

-Biotin.I do take these everyday,they do help.Unfortunately my hair is very curly so you can see the hair growth when I straighten it.It is known to help sin,hair and nails,but some people have said it can cause them to break out or worsen cystic acne.If you do begin taking Biotin pills,don't be freaked out when or if you pee highlighter yellow,biotin isn't toxic,it isn't fat soluble which means it does flush out.

-Fish oil pills.I started taking these last year when I cut my hair(above my shoulders) and it...ugh...stupid short hair.Anyways,my hair began growing faster,of course,hair does have a limit as to how fast it can grow per month.

I recommend staying away from pills that are directed towards "hair growth"

Hair is made up of water and protein.Every strand is 1/8 water I believe,so make sure you drink enough water to stay hydrated through out the day.

The best fruits and vegetables for hair are carrots,cucumbers,apples,bananas(1 a day,no more,too much sugar),avocado(no more than 2-3 a week),strawberries,tomatoes.

Best foods with protein are almonds,walnuts,oysters,salmon,soybeans(edamame) in moderation,tilapia,oatmeal.

If anything,try to remain stress free,eat healthy(fruits,vegetables and protein).

On a side note,yes massaging your scalp is said to help stimulation of blood flow,which can increase growth.Many native indian tribes use Jojoba oil while massaging.

So In short,my recommendation:

-Biotin pills.

-Fish oil pills.

-Drink enough water to stay hydrated.

-Take care of your hair externally.Shampoo,condition.

-Use sulfate free shampoos & conditioners

-Avoid heat & if you must use heat, use a heat protectant

-Trimming your ends will NOT make hair grow faster, but it will encourage healthy hair and a healthy appearance. It won't speed up the rate at which your hair grows though.

Source: link

• hair grows as fast it grows, about a half inch per month. I've heard that taking prenatal vitamins can help, but not noticeably. if anything I think they just making the new hair healthier.