I cannot deal with natural look of my hair - I cannot imagine my life without hair straightener. How to make my hair look good without straightening or curling them?
Most Helpful Girl
I used to have this problem as well, but the truth is, if you keep straightening it everyday, your hair will only look worse and worse. I stopped straightening my hair daily several years ago, and it has never looked better.
First, off, what is your natural texture (curly, wavy etc)? This will effect what products you should use, how often you should wash your hair etc.
1) Go get a haircut. This will get rid of any dead ends and leave your hair looking and feeling lighter and healthier
2) You might have to practice different hairstyles on your natural hair. I have naturally wavy hair, and I used to not know how to style it so I would just straighten it everyday to avoid the problem.
You should check out YouTube videos for hairstyles similar to your natural texture
3) Find products that work with your hair type. Again, I'd need to know what type of hair you have before I can make any suggestions, but I'll give you some general tips.
- Avoid products with alcohol in them, they will dry out your hair
- Try to get sulfate free shampoo and conditioner because again, sulfate dries out your hair. Organix makes some good sulfate free drugstore price hair products
- Invest in the basics. Everyone should have a good leave in conditioner, mousse, and serum no matter what their hair types. I don't suggest using gel unless you have very frizzy/curly hair as it can often leave hair looking crunchy
4) General Tips to make your hair look better
- Try a hot oil treatment once a week. Depending on the thickness of your hair, put some olive oil or coconut oil in the microwave for one minute. Put it on your hair and leave it in for an hour or over night if you really want silky hair. Rinse it out in the shower. You WILL have to shampoo your head twice to get the sticky feeling out, but it makes your hair very soft and shiny afterward. I suggest doing this on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Brush your conditioner through your hair with a wide tooth comb while in the shower. This will help the conditioner sink in really well.
- NEVER brush your hair with a brush when it's wet. Only use a wide tooth comb
- Instead of drying your hair with a regular towel, try a microfiber towel or cotton t shirt. These will help prevent frizz.
-Sleeping on a silk pillowcase will help prevent frizz
- Let your hair air dry. Wait until your hair is already about 60% dry before combing your products through.
- After you've put your products in, let your hair air dry by clipping/tying it away from your face then leave it alone and don't touch it until it's dry.
-If you're have a bad hair day, try clipping the top half back, I find that sometimes hides when my waves get really messy
- If you're having a really messy hair day, don't try and hide it. Put it in a "purposefully" messy bun or ponytail, they look cute.
Hope I helped. If you have any more questions, just ask me!0