Bad hair day = every day without hair straightener?

I cannot deal with natural look of my hair - I cannot imagine my life without hair straightener. How to make my hair look good without straightening or curling them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have this problem as well, but the truth is, if you keep straightening it everyday, your hair will only look worse and worse. I stopped straightening my hair daily several years ago, and it has never looked better.

First, off, what is your natural texture (curly, wavy etc)? This will effect what products you should use, how often you should wash your hair etc.

1) Go get a haircut. This will get rid of any dead ends and leave your hair looking and feeling lighter and healthier

2) You might have to practice different hairstyles on your natural hair. I have naturally wavy hair, and I used to not know how to style it so I would just straighten it everyday to avoid the problem.

You should check out YouTube videos for hairstyles similar to your natural texture

3) Find products that work with your hair type. Again, I'd need to know what type of hair you have before I can make any suggestions, but I'll give you some general tips.

- Avoid products with alcohol in them, they will dry out your hair

- Try to get sulfate free shampoo and conditioner because again, sulfate dries out your hair. Organix makes some good sulfate free drugstore price hair products

- Invest in the basics. Everyone should have a good leave in conditioner, mousse, and serum no matter what their hair types. I don't suggest using gel unless you have very frizzy/curly hair as it can often leave hair looking crunchy

4) General Tips to make your hair look better

- Try a hot oil treatment once a week. Depending on the thickness of your hair, put some olive oil or coconut oil in the microwave for one minute. Put it on your hair and leave it in for an hour or over night if you really want silky hair. Rinse it out in the shower. You WILL have to shampoo your head twice to get the sticky feeling out, but it makes your hair very soft and shiny afterward. I suggest doing this on a Saturday or Sunday.

- Brush your conditioner through your hair with a wide tooth comb while in the shower. This will help the conditioner sink in really well.

- NEVER brush your hair with a brush when it's wet. Only use a wide tooth comb

- Instead of drying your hair with a regular towel, try a microfiber towel or cotton t shirt. These will help prevent frizz.

-Sleeping on a silk pillowcase will help prevent frizz

- Let your hair air dry. Wait until your hair is already about 60% dry before combing your products through.

- After you've put your products in, let your hair air dry by clipping/tying it away from your face then leave it alone and don't touch it until it's dry.

-If you're have a bad hair day, try clipping the top half back, I find that sometimes hides when my waves get really messy

- If you're having a really messy hair day, don't try and hide it. Put it in a "purposefully" messy bun or ponytail, they look cute.

Hope I helped. If you have any more questions, just ask me!

What Guys Said 2

• If this is true, I've never had a good hair day... :(

• i have no idea, maybe a perm?

What Girls Said 10

• I hate my natural hair too, I think 95% of girls do. The other 5% just don't care. Try to find products to enhance your hair. For instance, if its naturally wavy then get a curl/wave booster and apply it to towel dried hair. There's also straight serums that help make your hair straight naturally, however its not completely straight.

• If you don't have layers, I'd advise getting them, you'll never go wrong with layers. For styling at home, use some dry shampoo and a comb, and just tease your hair for some extra volume. You could also just add texture to your hair- there's plenty of texturizing sprays you can find. Otherwise, you can grab a piece of hair from the front, and just bobby pin it back, that is an easy fix, or obviously you could just put your hair up.

• If you've straightened it everyday for a while and its naturally curly then your hair is probably heat damaged and would curl the same as it use to eventually you have to cut it so you want have 2 different textures but you could braid your hair after washing it and unbraid it when it dries.Or use rollers when its damp.

Naturallycurly.com

• If you straighten your hair alot, it's going to seriously damage it...take a break from the straightner, deep condition your hair, and eventually your hair will be less frizzy and more healthy (it takes time, but it will happen eventually)...you could always braid it or put it up if you don't like how it looks down sometimes

• Use some hair products that help tame your waves or curls. I know some of my friends use 'Tousle me softly' for their hair. It just unfrizzes their curls and makes it look better I guess. :)

• sometimes just adding a little mousse to your hair and scrunching it up a bit makes it look nice and fresh.

• I give up I just put it in a bun/ponytail

• Is your natural hair , curly , wavy? If so find products that go well with your hair type to tame your natural hair then style it I'm sure it'll look good it's all about the products you use. Bed head products work really good.

• sometimes they are wavy, sometimes straight, but Iam so sick about using all of these products. before people didn't use anything and they had fine hair.

• you can use the garnier blow dry straightening treatment I use it when I want my hair to stay nice and straight for days.

• Do a braid out

• I have keratin treatment to make mine easy to deal with. Also washing it at night at least 3 hours before bed and brushing it frequently during this time makes it dry more relaxed. My hair is wavy but I do agree that ironed looks best