Can two different types of attractive people remain together?

I'm going to leave my personal opinion out of this.

Say the guy is a 8-9 in the scale of attractiveness, and the girl is about 6-7, and they are dating, do you think the most attractive one is eventually going to let their eyes wander and cheat ?

People claim its common, so what do you think? and if so , explain why you think that or if not, still explain.

• Yeah they can .
  • Not really.

Most Helpful Girl

• as long as they're both attractive, yes. if not, no, because one of them will always feel like they settled. inner qualities don't don't as much as we all wish they did...

• I agree...the physical attraction can't be overlook.

At the very least, the person's attractiveness must decrease with age at a similar rate of their partner's.

• exactly! which sucks for most women because apparently men age better :/

What Girls Said 8

• i do think men place more emphasis on looks than women do majority of the time. (no disrespect to men once so ever, its not a problem, theyre just more visual). so I think if the guy felt he was more attractive looking than his partner he may not be as satisfied. where as a woman wouldn't mind being more attractive in the relationship because she craves more of a sense of security emotionally than looks.

regardless of gender I think if anyone is very unsatisfied with how their partner looks I don't think the relationship can be strong enough with that aspect completely dismissed. physical attraction is important just like having an emotional connection. but if two people are attracted to one another and they are strongly bonded emotionally it can work if one is decently more attractive than the other.

• It's not about the 'scale' or 'amount' of attractiveness. Who even weighs there partner up like that? maybe some shallow people, but not most people. Most people take some being attractive as being just that.

Anyone can cheat, whether they are the 'attractive-er one' or not. Ultimately, it's about personality and the other person makes you feel.

• Only if one of them believes he/she is more attractive than his/her partner. The scale I so subjective anyways.

• As long as they find each other attractive enough, yes.

If one person doesn't find the other attractive, I doubt it.

• people are attracted to different things. what one person might find attractive, the other might find repulsive.

• Of course they can! Attractiveness is different to everybody in many ways.

• Attractiveness is internal as well as external

• In whose opinion are these ratings? What if the 8-9 thinks the 6-7 is and 8-9 or vice versa?

I think any relationship can work out if the two involved want it too. And any relationship can end if only one or both decide they don't want it to work.

What Guys Said 7

• Not if the relationship takes precedence over your pride of your looks.

• the more attractive person is has a greater chance of drifting off than the other. especially if they're in the teen to 40 years old range.

• I was going to say that they can but then I remember how Seal and Heidi Klum are breaking up.

• Umm... stupid? Yes... as long as the personalities match where it matters to each other, the communication is there and there's real love.

• Its not going to last if the relationship was a shallow one in the first place.

• Not really, I think it depends on the guy himself not his scale of attraction so to speak. Yes, these guys might generally get more girls that notice & flirt with him, but that doesn't mean anything if he's already content with whoever he's with. Girls in general just don't like competition. They feel that they'll have to do a whole lot more to keep this guy than the average looking one.

• Nice hair, dude. Seriously, I mean it.

Miserable question, though.