every mirror is different when I look in my bathroom mirror or my reflection in like a glass or something I think I look fantastic and everything but when I look in the bathroom in the schools or restaurant or where ever it seems like all my flaws just seems so clear and everything ..am I the only one that feels like this

so how can I really tell if I look good or not if every mirror makes you appear to look different?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know what it's like >.<

What Guys Said 1

• Lighting can be different, but also it could be the fact that the mirror is warped. Older mirrors or mirrors on unstable surfaces can get warped ever so slightly over time, because glass slowly trickles downward.

Even a slight distortion can make a huge, noticeable difference.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah! It bothers me so much! Natural light that runs in from the window at home makes me look really nice while lightbulbs make me look not so great. I've realized that the intensity of the light really affects how I look. Even if the difference is so small. There are so many different types of white lights and I look different under each one of them. If the light is too bright, it could make your nose look flatter, wider. It could also make your face look fatter and your pimples look more noticeable.

The angle of the light affects how you look too. If there are lights shining from the bottom surface of the mirror, it could make the bottom parts of your eyes look darker and it could make eyeliner look too thick. If the light is right on top of you, it could make your waterline look more prominent.

If the mirror is slightly warped, it could make you look different too. The shade of the mirror could make a huge difference too. I could look pale in some mirrors and tanned in others. If the mirror is pure and the lighting is right, that's when you can see what you want to see without distortions of any sort. :)

• yea totally, It's usually the lighting, to see how you truly look take a mirror out in the sunlight, it's good to do your make up in natural sunlight, to see the true colors. But I set up the lighting up in my bedroom so I always look good, ha ha why not:) Looking good, Is 90% mental.

• Its the lighting. Your bathroom may have a darker/more appealing light.

• no its actually the other way around the lights in my bathroom are really bright and the lights in the high school bathrooms are I guess a little darker

(I think that's right)

• Could be but usually school bathrooms are lighter.

• It could be the lighting in those places are different, or the quality of the glass could be different.

• It's the lighting.

• no it is normal different lighting and different mirrors can look quite different. the big mirror in my bathroom is a fat mirror. I am used to it so that's how I think I look sometimes but I notice that in most other mirrors outside my home I look thinner and whenever my friends come over they tell me 'your mirror makes me look so fat"

also have you noticed that when you try on clothing in stores it sometimes looks better than at home, or you look thinner in their mirror? yeah, mirror placement tricks and lighting.

in flourescent lighting I look crappier too. or even if the windows and sunlight are reflecting on me.

it all makes a difference.

• so how can I really tell if I look good or not if every mirror makes you appear to look different?