Is it such a turn off if a guy is short?

i don't want bs answers, I want the real deal, I can take it. I am only 5'6 and it has been pretty difficult for me to date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Typically I go for guys that are taller than myself, I find I feel less feminine if I am eye level or taller than he is. Physical attraction is just the starting point though, it's your personality and the type of person you are that really takes the cake. Once love takes over, all is fair game :o) My first boyfriend was 5'4" and I am almost 5'8", he was a kind in my eyes though. No one had ever made me laugh like him, or made me feel so good. Most guys I know that are 'vertically challenged' also prefer to date women who are shorter than they, because the feel less masculine if a women is taller. The other ladies are right though, 5'6" isn't really THAT short, you'll find yourself a honey :o)

What Girls Said 10

• WHAAAAAAAAT!?

you're not short, at all.

There's a guy I knew, he was rude and arrogant as f***. Sometimes he could be nice, caring and charming. But, that's only if he wanted something. Plus, he was really good looking.. and guess what, he was 5 ft 1. That is what I call short.

Most girls just like a guy who's taller than them. I'm 5ft myself so most guys will do :P

Just make sure to have a nice and likeable personality (:

• Okay so my no bs answer: As long as the guy is my height or a little taller we're good. If he's shorter than me that would honestly be a bit of a turn-off unless he really was all that and more than what I wanted. I'm a bit taller than you, but most girls are shorter than you so I wouldn't fret much.

• It honestly depends on the girl. I've always been more attracted to guys at least a few inches taller than myself (I'm 5'5"). But I have a guy friend who is 5'5" who is dating a girl taller than him. It helps if you're good looking and have a good personality.

• it depends on the girl and how tall they r.there are lots ofgirls shorter than u, so you have a lot of chance with them. and also there are some taller girls who don't mind if you are shorter than them! it really depends

• As long as he's taller than me, 5'6 is taller than me.

• Height isn't a major problem for me. As long as he's taller it's fine. And I'm only 5'4!

• No, not really,not at your height..But you do have to be atractive or have a awesome personality .

• yes. the guy has to be taller than me.

• I mean for a guy, it's a little on the short side. However my crush right now is your height (he's also still taller than me). I wouldn't consider it a turn off though.

• for some girls it is and for other girls it isn't.

I'm currently crushing on a 5'6" guy.

my roommate is dating a 5"1" guy.

and a friend of mine is dating a 5'8" guy (she's 6'0")

• lucky guuuys...

• you'll find someone :)

What Guys Said 2

• I'm 6'6". Woot woot.

• It's common knowledge women prefer men taller than them, if not tall men in general. Try beating up some tall guys, then they might think you can "protect" them hahahah