To guys and girls, what are your views on tattoos?

I tend to look down on people with tattoos, especially if they have a lot. But I'm starting to really want one. I've wanted "No Reins" on the inside of my right foot with a dolphin tale next to it. And now I REALLY want "be brave" on one of my left ribs. I just don't want to regret it and I really want to get over my issue with being permanently inked.

Most Helpful Guy

• For you I would recommend keeping it casual. Only get tattoos that you can cover up in a t-shirt and shorts. Try to not get any where you would have the potential to gain weight (butt, belly, thighs, hips).

Other then that try to get tattoos that mean something to you. Ones that are simple and not overly stylized or detailed will look good all your life. I really love that I can see a tattoo on my body and look back to what my mindset was when I got it done. All of my tattoos say something about me are very special to me with respect to that.

I'm sure you'd enjoy getting one :)

What Guys Said 9

• Well I'm glad to see your thinking in the long term with this. You have to think--"When I'm an old wrinkly woman, is this tattoo still going to look okay, will I still like it, will I regret it" I say its always best to stay away from tattoos for this reason. A lot of idiots go crazy and get really dumb tattoos, these people don't have the capability of thinking into the future... don't be one of them, which I don't think you are ;)

• I've thought about the "when I get old and wrinkly thing" a lot before I got my gauges, and then I was like, "Well, when I'm old and wrinkly who am I going to be trying to impress? I don't think old and wrinkly is going to be beautiful as it is, so who cares if my ears are hanging down there with mah boobs." Same with tattoos. When you're old wrinkly nobody's gonna be thinking how terrible your tattoos look compared to your wrinkles aha.

• wow butterflyxkisses, that sounds awful.

Sure, people probably aren't thinking 75 year olds are smoking hot, but you make them sound like lepers. You make it sound like one should commit suicide the minute they spot their first fine line, jesus.

• Only if the tattoo is beautifully drawn by a skilled professional does a tattoo ever look good.

I don't have any and I don't plan on it, since my tastes in everything change. So therefore if I changed my mind about it and decide what I have as a tattoo isn't cool anymore, then that would suck.

The worst kind of tattoo to get is a company logo tattoo.

• Tattoos usually are not the brandmark of people who seem to care what others think, but...

My opinion about them is the same as it's about everything cool - music, cars, girls, etc.

-They HAVE to be good! << that is the magic word. Quality.

So I can't generalize and say "all tattoos are good" even though I like tattoos in general, because clearly all of them are not good. Some of them suck pretty bad! ..and they are permanent!

About yours, I want to see the picture of it to tell what I think, tattoo is a visual art, it's hard to comprehend it by merely reading a description.

• i like a girl to have a tatoo just above her backside

or one at the back of her neck.

anymore than 2 maybe I don't like. :)

• I don't like them at all

• Not a fan. Ink is ugly compared with female skin.

• Why would you do something you never liked? (you sound like Santorum)

• I tend to look down on people that have them but not all the time. just kind of depends on the tattoo and the location. I know someone with 11:11 on the inside of her foot and I love it and she can pull it off. She has a star at the top of her foot and I hate it and she can't pull it off.

• it's a form of art...

... however, this art ugly-fies the human body.

• I personally do not like them on myself and it's quite a turn off on a potential partner. I don't look down on people that have them, though. If that's what you want, get it. Just be sure to really think about any that you do get, and not get anything impulsively.

What Girls Said 6

• I see no point in tattoos. Yes, some are cute - adorable even. But they will not be cute when you're 40. They'll just be sad when you're 80. I see no reason to scar my body just because it'll be cute.

Then there's the argument that people get tattoos for loved ones, or for a good reason. I try not to judge those people, but it's not for me. if I love my husband, child, or mother, I don't need to prove it to the world by tattooing their name or symbol on my body.

• not my cup of tea. However, I don't really care what other people put on their bodies unless they get a tat of something stupid. I know a girl who has pac man and mario kart characters tatted on her hands and fingers. I hope for her sake that she dies young so she doesn't have to live to 60 with Luigi on her middle finger

• They can be cute. Sometimes they can be downright ugly and pointless. It's cool if that's what you want-go for it. But personally I can't see myself ever getting one. I change my mind way too often...and I feel like it would only take me a week to get tired of the tat and want it gone. Plus the whole it looking out of place when I'm older...:/

• I like tattoos, I don't particularly want any for myself, but I'd like to make them. I only look down on sh*tty looking tattoos.

• I love tattoos!

go for it :)

• I don't like them.