To tan, or not to tan??

ok, now, I'm fair skin, you know, blonde hair blue eyes... WHITE! lol now, I go out in the sun, get burnt (yay I'm going to get a tan, with the possibility of cancer... meh yay a tan) but he next day I will either be white or still burnt... but my problem is, I don't seem to tan. when I do tan, I get the tinyest bit of colour, but that goes away pretty quickly. but my question is, is a tan everything? like, dose it make someone appel better? or are there guys out there who don't mind white chocolate? hahaha

Most Helpful Girl

• tans can look really awesome on some girls, just as blond hair and blue eyes can look great too... I am latina and medium toned... if I dyed my hair blond and got blue contacts I'd probably look like an idiot, not only because I'm trying to be smthing I'm not, but because those characters are unnatural for me and do not complement me best. I learned the hard way, that the most beautiful ME I can be, is the Natural me. no cosmetic surgeries, I do not wear fake nails, eyelashes, I've stopped dying my hair. the few enhancements I do use are minimal (natural-lookikng) makeup sometimes and I do my own eyebrows (natural arch). I receive complements all the time and more importantly, I feel good about myself, not only because I take care of my appearance and feel confident about what I was born with, but because of who I am on the inside which I think is more important. you should embrace what you already have instead of trying to obtain what you dont, or what doesn't complement you. Look at julianne moore and nicole kidman and alexis bledel and scarlett johanssen... they have such fair skin and it looks beautiful. If you are still having doubts... try the spray (neutrogena mist)... you avoid sunburn, skin cancer, and you control how tan you get. the most you would get is probably a slight glow. There are also powdered bronzers which can give the appearance of a tan... but like I said natural is best!

What Guys Said 9

• It's fine. If you're a little tiny bit tanned, or you're pale, ok. Not everyone can do the tanned look. An overly tanned looks really unhealthy, and to me if you're always mentioning the tanning salon, or you're always outside in order to tan, it's a little bit of a turn off. 1) If you're obsessing about it, that's not attractive. 2) If you're risking cancer and other health problems (and you're probably going to get really wrinkly and "leathery" looking); that's not attractive. It seems like you'd be endangering yourself for looks.

Personally, I don't want to date a giant Oompa Loompa.

I don't tan very well either. I burn quickly sometimes.

Pale can work for you better than skin flaking any day.

An occasional LIGHT tan is ok, IF you're a person that can get a successful tan. Since you've said you can't, then don't do it.

Personally, I think pale girls can be sexy, depending on the look.

• No no no. Don't tan. Please don't tan. Bad, bad idea.

First, tanning in your teens and 20s raises your risk of skin cancer later in life. Skin cancer is bad news. Even if you don't get cancer, your skin will resemble shriveled leather when you're 45.

Second, I tend to like fair skin on girls. Really, really, really like it. If you're naturally fair skinned, a tan will look artificial on your complexion. As you wrote, your skin simply doesn't hold color. It's okay. Some girls look good with tans. But some girls look far better with fair skin.

• Tans definitely aren't THAT big of a deal. I've seen pleeenty of girls who like like you get boyfriends. I really, truly, don't think it matters to most guys.

• I think white women with fake tans are ugly and look like they are either high-maintenance or trying to be something they aren't...I'd be more attracted to a pasty white woman than a white woman with a fake tan 10 times out of 10.

You know what's really attractive? when you are 32 with crow's feet and deep wrinkles across your forehead and your skin looks like a catcher's mitt because you hit up the tanning bed too many times...that's so hot

• Hahaha...tan girls are usually more attractive, but it doesn't always matter for me. If it's not working out for you, then I wouldn't worry about it! Better to be cancer free!

My Blog: link

• Tanning gives you cancer! Don't Do00o0o0o it! lol

• i would definitely rather a woman to look her color lmao, y have a white girl trying to look mexican, its just not sexy ya know haha

• is it not hard to not get a tan in Australia ? but really you look very pretty don't ruin it by turning orange ,fair skin makes your eyes stand out as well and you eyes look pretty special , so I would keep with the skin you in , I really don't understand why girls think that it looks that attractive its overrated and us guys prefer a natural look anyways, and there's health risks :( I hope I helped

• No its not hard, not at all. I burn and stuff, but I go red, then back to white lol.

i just get alota guys say, how damn hot I would be if I had colour.

im just like, this is me, you either like my white skin or you dont. lol

• I personally think tanning is way too overrated, especially in the winter...it makes you look kinda ridiculous in my opinion to be really tan when everyone else is pale, and everyone obviously knows you are fake tanning. Not to mention its pretty unhealthy...i'd prefer if girls didn't do it, a lot of times girls get overly obsessed with it also and do it way too much, ending up looking like a baseball glove. Just my opinion though.

What Girls Said 7

• i think anyone with a REAL tan looks really nice! I've only done the fake and bake a few times and after looking really orange I've vowed to never do it again, so if you have a chance to get a real one safely, do it, if not, I'm sure they won't mind!

• NO TAN! NOOO TAN! You'll see the damage in 20 years. I'm super fair as well, with near black hair and gray eyes. I can't even find foundation as light as I. Don't destroy your skin for the opinion of a closed minded man.

• try lotions or sprays. tanning salons offer this, and it still can look real if someone does it right.

• I feel so ugly right now because I have no tan-i love the summer more than anything and the weather is the reason I hate england. I think I look much better with a tan but some people suit being plaer much better.

• lol that's funny. I like both on a guy. for me, I'm white or tan, depending on the season as well. so I think you should definitely use some natural moisturizer and sunblock to prevent getting burnt. I think guys like both

• i think white girls look really good tan, but its not everything. if ur cute with a tan then you will be cute w/o it. however I think you guys should stop tanning (fake tan at least) because when ur 30 ur gonna look old as hell

• I am very pale as well. I don't really care about it. This is just my natural skin color. I think pale can be beautiful. I'd rather have my skin tone then look like a crispy burn piece of crap. JMO