What makes me look older?

I'm 17, but people usually tell me I look 20-25. I've even had people call me a liar when I tell them I am 17. What about me makes me look older exactly?

Most Helpful Girl

• you just have an older looking face. some people do, some don't. it's just the final culmination of all your features blended together. it's not one particular thing.

i'm the opposite, I'm about to turn 21. and I get mistaken for different ages all the time. this summer I got anywhere from 16-25 while I was actually 20. I have a young looking face and a mature body so I think that would explain why...if you see me up close I look younger but from far away where you can't see my face so well my body and also partially how I dress (when I'm wearing formal work clothes which is where I got mistaken for older) add some years to my appearance.

it's annoying when people think you are younger than you are, be grateful :P

What Guys Said 4

• Everyone develops at their own pace. Some people develop quicker some develop slower. You are quicker.

• YOur mature look, your facial appearance and how well you got set up to take your picture. Consider it a compliment :)

• i think your face is more mature. yeah you look like around 20

• Yeah you look older but I can't put my finger on it as to why but I get the samething. Shit people think I'm my Dad's younger brother when we go clubbing together lol.

What Girls Said 4

• it's something you can't really put your finger on. It's not like you have wrinkles or anything, there's just something in your eyes that makes you seem like you're in your early twenties rather than your teens. I rarely look my age, except I always look younger. it's a certain je any ce quoi that dictates whether young people like us get ID'd or not lol.

• You do look older. Its hard to say but I think its your eyes plus in one pic it seems like you're tall. Its not a bad thing.

• Maybe it's your hair. A lot of teens seem to straighten their hair so when a person leaves it natural, it makes them look more mature. The fact that you don't have bangs too could be a reason why you look more mature. If your hair was longer, maybe you would look slightly younger. In the pics where you left your hair long and straight you certainly do look much younger.

With the straight hair you still look about 20. But I can't seem to figure why.

• You do look like you are in your mid-20's. Not sure what it is about the way you look though. How do you feel about it?

• Well, I rather look my age. It's not always a bad thing to look older though except when 40 year old men hit on you.

• I am the opposite and let me tell you, it sucks when you're ordering food at McDonald's and a 14 year old is trying to flirt with you. And he's with his parents. And they don't find it odd because they also assume you're a freshman in high school. And 40 year olds still hit on me...except it is the creepy, pedophile kind.

• That would suck too!