How would you feel if about someone that got your name tattooed on them?

What would be your opinion on them? Please comment... What would be the first things going threw your head...

I'd never get a mans name tatted on me. I am just curious what everyone else thinks about it.

• I'd run
  • Awe he/she loves me
  • Whatever
  • That's crazy but cool
  • Other. explain
*someone not related to you. Boyfriend, girlfriend, fwb, hook up, one night stand, some random guy/ girl ect parents don't count

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 22

• I'd think they lack common sense and heard about some celeb doing that, so now they want to do it too. Since you're unilikely, statistically speaking, to stay together long term, it's just silly, and not romantic at all.

• Psychotic. I would run for my life.

• The ONLY names that are acceptable to tattoo on your body are those of your children.

Relationships come and go, you never know what's going to happen. Children are permanent.

• Never, I think tattooing people's names on your body in the parameters you specified is super stupid. That's on you for the rest of your life. My brother's ex girlfriend had her ex boy friend's name tatooed on her wrist and she felt and looked really stupid considering they broke up a week after she had gotten the tatoo

• it completely depends where I'm at in the relationship with that guy/girl. if we've only hooked up or been dating for a couple weeks/months, then it would be odd. but if we have mutually fallen for each other and the relationship has lasted a good amount of time then it would be fine by me. I would probably be flattered, though I've never actually thought of getting a name tattoo myself.

• I would ask them how drunk they were and if their response is anything other then "What tattoo?" I'd run

• I wouldn't do that. If I did and we broke up I would have to go and find a new woman to date with the same name with the exact same spelling. It would limit my options significantly.

• Just make sure she's a Jessica or an Emily or something

• you could tatoo maria and date Hispanic chicks. in spain if you yell maria every girl turns around lmao

• I knew a cat who had his girlfriend (of maybe 2 weeks) name, "Breeze", tattooed on his arm. At least, if he wanted to lie, he could say that he was just into air. It's not like he had "Chloe" tattooed on his arm. Cheers... Buzz Cartier

• Depends If we have been married for years with no end in sight then sure why not, but just some girlfriend then yea I'm sure id exit that relationship ASAP

• i don't like tattoos any ways so if a girl had my name on her I would go the other way

• if I love her id be happy that she loves me. but if we have been together for lik 2 weeks, then hell id run like an jamaican

• Can you imagine her breaking up with a boyfriend and then you marry her and on the honeymoon night you keep on starring at the name robert on her inner thigh? lol. It would make mini me go limp so fast lol.

• what if your name is Robert?

• I have heard of stories about that. Lies about names of tats lol. Oh it is the name of my dead relative lol etc...

• I guess if you waited until the wedding night, it might be upsettting, but I was with a gal who had her name tattooed on her right thigh and "Bobby" (not Robert!) on her left thigh. When I used to kiss her down there, I'd say, "Hi, Bobby!" Bobby was beaten to death (not by me!), but I still gave him props. Cheers... Buzz Cartier

• 'B' and 'C'. And I'd be under a lot of pressure to get a tattoo of her name as well.

• Don't like tattoos, but I'd be curious why.

• If she's already living with me, I'd make sure the door hits her on her way out.

• its would be too much ...crazy

• I'd be flattered. But chances are there gonna want it removed at some point.

• A. Fool?!

Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity.

• Probablly B.

• Sounds really clingy to me...lol..totally agree with you!...(:

• I voted other because it would depends. If it's someone I love and we've been together for 10 years I would be flattered. If it's someone I just met at the bar last night I'd be freaked out.

• My mom had my name tattooed when I was born...

• I dislike tattoos. Clearly that person wouldn't know me that well.

What Girls Said 32

• I'd feel under a ridiculous amount of pressure.

• My ex went to do it AFTER we broke up. Thankfully I changed his mind. I'd be pretty flattered but kind of freaked out since I definitely wouldn't stay with them just because of the tattoo. I'd feel like they might come after me after realizing that and go crazy.

• It depends on the person it is, I mean if it is my mom, sister or dad or someone important to me in my family then I wouldn't care, I would think that is sweet and that the person really loves me <3. Now if we are tslking about: friends, best friends, boyfriends and random people that I brealy know then I would run and think it is just creepy inless they were drunk and got it then I would think that is funny! If it was a husband of a couple years then I would think it as the sweetest thing :). I mean have you seen the movie The Roomate where Emily gets a tattoo if her nestfriend then tries to kill her?

• I voted other. Cause I'd freak the f*** out... Lol. If it was someone I was dating/married to, it'd be cute.some random guy? Not so much.

• I would feel weird and probably take it as a sign that they were really serious about me or extremely stupid... lol. Either way I would be partially flattered (depending on how well I knew them) and partially weirded out because that's a little extreme.

• getting tattoos of your boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife is so stupid. I don't care if you've been married 20 years, something could still happen, no matter how much you love them there are better ways to show them that than a tattoo that stays with you forever lol.

• If I just met them- I would freak out. I would never want to see that person again. If it was someone I had a long term relationship (at least a few years) with, I wouldn't break up with them for getting a tattoo of my name, but I would feel weird about it and I'd encourage them to have it removed. Hopefully they'd know me well enough by then to steer clear of it in the first place.

• My parents both have my name tattooed on themselves

If I'm not related to them such as a boyfriend, it's okay I guess unless we break up

If its friend, we must be very close

If its a stranger then it's creepy, I'd run away

• I'd be like " oh...so you were drunk right?"

• I would be flattered and I would think "awww,that was so nice of them but "TOO much" , it wasn't necessary.. It is just too much. I don't like tattoos, and getting my name tattooed on them is just...? too much,you know! What if I rejected them? left them? hurt them in general? They didn't think of that unfortunately.

Who is in love/love someone mostly follows his/her heart and doesn't see what he/she is doing,they do so much. We may think they are stupid,hilarious,ridiculous and insane...etc but...they are not. They were just trying to show their emotions towards you,they were just trying to show you how much they adore you And found getting your name tattooed on them away to show you how much you mean to them.

• DEPENDS on who the person was like my New boyfriend Weird my husband sweet my random face book friend weird my best friend for like 20 years sweet

also depends on how big it was like if its a HUGE chest,leg, arm,FACE tattoo id run no matter who but if its a small one barely noticble eah ok

• If I were in a relationship with them & they did this, they would already know how I felt about it. So, I would be asking them how they were going to get it removed.

• I would have ran faster than I ever had before, got a restraining order, and blocked them from Facebook and twitter. Thatd be super creepy!

• To me it's like putting a jinks on a relationship. plus tattoos are permanent and if anything goes wrong your stuck with it. Since I believe that most people have the common sense not to do it, it would make me think they were crazy if they did get one.

• well, it depends. how long have I been with this person? how is that person in normal life? I personally would never tattoo any thing on my body. it'a little too crazy and hyper for my taste.

• That's weird. Why would he want my name on him? I have a pretty name, but that's too far. We could break up and he'd be stuck with my name on him forever.

• i would never tattoo someone's name on myself (I don't want tattoos anyway) because it's there forever even after your relationship ends. unless I was dead and it was a memorial tattoo, I'd think it would be creepy.

• It 's kinda cool, in a way. I'm be glad he/she would like to see my name and be happy about it. But if you don't even know the peson. it's creepy

• If my hubby did it I would think it was cute but I still wouldn't approve.it's relationship suicide

• I'd think they were an idiot.. NEVER get a person's name who isn't related by blood..

• I think "oh how nice. I hope you don't think I am going to get a tatt with your name."

• So stupid

• nah, because when they are mad at you they come back with a different name tattooed on them :p

• id hate it

• That's just plain crazy and stupid

• like a old fat guy got on his ass?

• I said D lol

• ugh why the f*** would they do that?

• i'd say he's stuck with me because the chances of him finding another ***** are slim to none.

• I clicked other because it depends on the situation. If it is my husband who I've been with and really loves me, I would not mind. If its a boyfriend Id find it weird. What happens if we break up? I knew a couple who in three weeks of dating got there names tattooed on one another like idiots, and broke up like the week after . There stuck with the tattoo.. smh.

• husbands can break up too

• True! Therefore tattoos of peoples names is stupid in my opinion!

• More from Girls
    2