I can't agree with my boyfriend's hairstyle...help?

This is gonna sound horrible. I started seeing someone recently and he's a great guy, but his hairstyle is, ugh. I'm not gonna specify what it's like in case I offend someone, but let's just say the length is abnormal and makes him look really unattractive. He's shown me pictures of him in the past with "normal length hair" (let's just say, what most male celebrities and models sport) and he looked fifty times hotter. I tried complimenting him on how hot he looked, but he insists he likes his hair this way. Even his parents complain about it and several people have called him intimidating (and he knows about it too).

Now, I'd try overlook the whole thing if it weren't for something else: I think it may be affecting the fact that he can't find a job. He looks unprofessional at best, and employers might not want him because of the way he presents himself. This my boyfriend doesn't believe, but I think it's a valid concern.

What should I do? I've never dissed his hair in any way but how else can I let him know that his hair could be bringing him down in addition to looking bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• You gotta tell him. Suggest taking him out for a haircut. When he says no, level with him.

Trust me, he knows what he looks like. You're not going to curveball him.

What Guys Said 2

• Shave it off while he is sleeping

• LOL. wow..I didn't know girls were so shallow?

What Girls Said 1

• Just tell him you don't like it and that you think it's affecting his job opportunities. It probably won't get him to change his haircut but it may get him to thinking and that's just about the best you can do in this situation.