How attractive can you be at work?

I intern in the legal field at a big place.

Let's be up front, I have DD boobs and a large round ass.

I don't wear a skirt shorter than one that covers 3/4 of my thigh.

I don't bare cleavage.

I usually wear pencil skirts with a blouse or plain fitted high neck black shirt.

My heels are no higher than 3 inches.

But, this woman said "You should stop standing out, the men are all looking at you"

I can't help my body, and as I described, I don't think anything I wear is too outrageous, it is just my shape. Am I supposed to hide behind a potato sack because I have curves?

Could she just be jealous? She's middle aged and a lot of the men her age stare and talk to me. Sometimes if we pass by together they talk to me and not her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of COURSE she's jealous. You're right, it's not yur fault, and th eolder guys in this field are usually pretty repressed, so of ocurse they'll look and flirt a little.

You'll have to think of a plan to manage her. NEVER mention your body, be friendly to her, ask her out for coffee and praise her and tell her she looks nice; ask where she buys HER clothes, they're no doubt expensive and well tailored, so it infuriates her she can't get the attention you do. Try to avoid the men who are looking the most. Complain to her about them; you could even ask her to speak to those men about leering at you, although that could be risky.

Theres no sure fire way to 'solve' this; good luck.

What Guys Said 6

• It sounds like you're dressing very professional N appropriate, N she's just jealous. My ex had DD boobs, N got comments about looking sexual, so she wore looser blouses N didn't tuck them in for a while. Then she got comments about how she'd always looked so pretty N put together, N now she was looking dishevelled, so she went back to tucking in the blouses N wearing whatever made her feel that she looked nice. Just wear what wakes you feel good about yourself Nignore her. The rest will take care of itself. Good luck :)

• Yeah she's just being jealous. I'm sorry it's happening to you and I really hope your looks do not put you in bad situations.

As any professional should, though, just work your ass off, mind your own business, and eventually you'll be her boss. Until then, if it gets worse and you genuinely think it may be a problem, just meet with a female HR rep, she can give you the company's honest opinion and as a female you can trust her opinion. Shed tell you if you look like a slut.

• 'But, this woman said "You should stop standing out, the men are all looking at you"- jealousy alert, she's obviously bothered by you for no good reason other than her jealousy.

• Jealously, plain and simple... Don't worry about it.

• I could see her being jealous.

• I think she just thinks it's not professional. Why don't you just ask her why she said it?

What Girls Said 6

• I work in the legal field too. Today I had an important meeting so I wore a full suit (not something I need to do on a daily basis) which comprised of a blazer, knee length pencil skirt and a pink narrow striped shirt. I wore flats too. Very safe and boring. Got in the lift in the morning and this woman (older but not old) came in. Looked me up from my feet to my he head and then all the way back down again with the most disgusted look on her face. I thought, holy sausages, did I spill something on me? Do I look awful? Ran to the ladies to check and nothing.

Then all my colleagues came in and told me how nice and professional I looked today. What I am trying to say is, that is her opinion. It doesn't matter whether you have big or small boobs, if someone is going to hate on you, they will find a reason for it. Forget about it, be proud of what you have and continue to be professional.

• No matter how you dressnor what unlook like you can get in trouble. I am middle age. I consider myself average looking 32a and got in trouble. Iif you want more Details you can friend me. You can please everyone.

• For me, I usually pair a pencil skirt with a looser blouse. I have DD boobs, too, so I avoid wearing blouses that are at all fitted. I also opt for tailored pants, because they look more professional on curvy bodies.

I agree that she is probably jealous or just traditionally minded. Dress how you want, but you also want people to take you seriously.

• She is just jealous.Its just how women are sometimes.Get use to it.

• whatever other people are wearing you should wear

PS, an attention whore is never popular. just a FYI

• FYI, I'm not an attention whore but thanks for your kind advice, my life is forever changed.

• So she's naturally curvy... that doesn't make her an attention-whore.

• She sounds jealous that you're getting attention because you're younger.

You should stick to knee length skirts for work though.

Also, it's not so much that you show skin, but you mention that you wear pencil skirts (=fitted) and fitted tops as well. Try wearing one tight item at a time, so if you're wearing a pencil skirt try not to wear an equally tight top and vice versa.

• my skirts generally hit right at the top of the knee. and yeah I understand that. my tighter skirts are paired with blouses most of the time. but the thing is my butt is very big and it sticks out in pretty much everything. my tall skinny modelesque friend does not look the least bit sexual in what she wore and we even have the same skirt and blouse!

• I feel your "pain" haha. I have the same butt/boob problem and yeah, tbh no matter what we wear, men are going to look. They are just hardwired to be attracted to our body type. Other women will hate but I just take it as a compliment. They want what we have.