Do any short girls around 5'3 here shop in petite sizes?

I've always known that petite sizes are for 5'3 and shorter, but my mom always discouraged me from buying them and that kind of stuck with me I guess. she's a bit shorter than I am actually. she always told me that petite sizes don't fir right, the way they are cut. either way, I find my jeans to be too long for me when I buy them in regular sizes sometimes. well all the time but some seem longer than others. one of my favorite pairs of jeans is probably 2-3 inches too long for me and even with shoes on, I sometimes end up walking on the backs of my pants.

do you find the petite sizes to fit better overall or do you not like the way they fit? they're almost impossible to find anyway, at least at the places where I shop, but the option is sometimes there and I'm thinking of trying it. damn these short legs!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! I am 5'1. My legs are very short. For pants, petites are a must. Even some "short inseam" jeans are a bit long on me sometimes, it stinks. But I need my jeans to be petite or short inseam.

For skirts or dresses, I can go either way. Petites do seem to hug my body a little nicer, but it depends on how the item is cut. I have a big butt which makes skirts ride up sometimes, so petites aren't essential.

I really go either way in skirts or dresses, but when I wear petites I am one size larger for example I'm usually 4, in petites I'm usually a 6. I have been told by salespeople that petite sizes may require you to go one size larger, but it's fine by me.

If a store has both I usually do prefer the petite, unless the skirt or dress is cut particularly short.

But I shop at plenty of stores that don't make petites and with the exception of pants (besides for sweats and shorts) I'm fine.

I don't need petite shirts though, I have a long torso.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• You should really go and try some petite outfits on and see how they fit YOUR body. Also, find new places to shop if possible. A lot of places have a whole section just for petite clothes. You also want to go for short cut jeans instead of regular. It'll say it on the tag. But if you go to any place that has a big selection of jeans, you'll be able to find some.

• I'll buy stuff from the petite section if I see something I like - and I've never had any problem with the fit really - but I've always been just fine shopping the the regular bit as well.

But I don't really wear trousers - like literally - I don't own a pair. The closest I have is leggings so yeah.

But try it out - see how they fit.

If not, just take your jeans, or trousers up, it's not really hard, and it's better them dragging on the floor; either that - or wear heels with them.

• yeah I like them it fits muchhh better. like I always get short jeans not regular.

• I buy normal clothes usually. I know what you mean about the pants thing though. It's hard to find pants that fit right.

• Yes, I'm 5'3 and whenever I shop online, I'd always go for the petite sizes (especially for dresses!)

• yes I like buying my jeans in the kids department

they fit better than the normal ones