Has anyone here ever achieved a six pack?

I mean not naturally gifted with one. BUT actually worked hard and lost the fat... I have had nice abs for ages, like my top 4 are almost always showing but the lower 4 don't seem to come out. I can see the amount of fat I need to lose to get it but never been able to achieve it. Likely because I never went on a proper diet, although I do exercise quite a lot. Anyone out there succeed at losing the last bit? What was your diet/exercise routine.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a six pack.. I know, not a good look on a girl!

For gymnastics I needed good core strength so I set about doing as many sit ups as I could in a minute. I did this every day and can now do 70 sit ups in 60 seconds :)

So.. For a minute's worth of exercise a day I got myself a six pack..

I am naturally thin though, so it might not work for everyone, but it's definitely worth a try. And it does wonders for your core strength and stamina!

What Girls Said 3

• You should switch up your routine. Try to focus on workouts that target the lower abs. But you should always switch up your workouts. Your body gets used to certain routines if done over and over again which affects the progress.

• My boyfriend is working on getting his back - he got very sick for a few months and had to stop working out entirely for a while.

He swims laps for up to three hours a day several days a week and he does Insanity. He also takes protein.

• Not quite but I think I'm almost there!

What Guys Said 2

• I workout and have eaten pretty well for years so I do have some abs but I'm not super lean like fitness models. I had a really traumatic incident happen a while back and I lost about 4-5 pounds in like 4 days and I noticed I got even leaner and I could see more definition for sure. It was cool but at the same time I don't really like getting under 10% body fat because if I were to get really sick I could actually die from losing essential body fats. Yeah it's nice to have some abs but the main reason I eat well and exercise is for health and I do feel a little nervous being that lean. Plus I don't think it looks that much better if at all. If you wanna lose that extra fat just cut down on calories and of course if your exercising make sure to eat your protein.

• I've never been able to strike a balance to where I both had a six pack and looked like I was at a healthy weight, but yes, I've had one. However, women seem to think I look better with the extra couple of pounds.