Tattoos on the foot a bad idea?

Im thinking of getting a tattoo on my foot, no plans for anywhere else.(due to career choice etc) at least I can hide the foot ones. I don't want a tattos on my back - just don't appeal to me. I heard that color on foot tattoos fade faster on the foot is this true? I also heard the foot is the most painful place to get a tattoo. I was thinking of something like this link but I was thinking of geting the butterflies in different colors , my favorite colors , purple, pink, dark green, and dark blue. the tattos just appeals to me for some reason, sort of summarizes my personality. any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• A tattoo will be painful pretty much anywhere you get it, but it's true that usually the foot is a lot more sensitive than other places.

My only advice, aside from doing all your research and making sure you are prepared, is to do this at a time when you're not so busy and you won't have to be wearing socks and stuff. The first week after you get it done is the most crucial time to care for your tattoo in order to make sure the ink doesn't get messed up or that you don't get an infection - so if you're getting it on your foot I imagine it might be better to do this when you know you'll be relaxing at home most of the time, or something like that.

It's a pretty cute tattoo, by the way.

• good point ! very good point , yeah I want something very dainty like. following the form of the foot , not words or very large flowers. thanks for the advice :)

• No problem, good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• The foot isn't the most painful part. It's quite painful but the most painful part is the ribs/stomach. It doesn't fade any more or less than other body parts, but you may bleed out the ink during the process more because it's a thin piece of skin.

• Good idea if you have a nice foot. Some girls have not so nice feet they draw attention to with tattoos.

• um. I'm not sure if I have nice feet- I use to do ballet , so they are . like everyone elses feet really?

• Nah, some girls have attractive feet. Others, not so much.

What Girls Said 5

• A lot of places won't do foot tattoos. Its a small and hard area to do. You constantly move your foot so healing takes a lot longer. You can't wear most shoes until its healed either. My friend got a big piece on her foot. It doesn't look bad but it would swell up for months and took forever to heal. The color does fade a little quicker just because you're moving that area/rubbing it a lot. Also the skin is very thin so its not an easy tattoo when it comes to pain.

• Tattoos on your foot can be an awful healing process, or take longer to heal, because your foot is constantly rubbing up against your shoes and stuff. You will have to wear open toed shoes and flip flops while it's healing. They are cute, but butterflies are also so used and overdone. Try somethng more original, but I mean if they mean something to you just keep it. Yes, they are also one of the most painful areas to get a tattoo. You might have an urge to flinch, just due to the spot he/she is tattooing in, and it may be uncontrollable. Some tattoo artist even say they will not do foot tattoos, because yeah you will move, and they don't want to mess it up, and get sued or anything like that, and it's painful, and it may not look good in the long run, because it might fade and stuff. You will have to take care of it. The hip is also a spot where you can cover up and it will not be visible. Just a suggestion. May be less painful, hidden, and still very sexy.

• I have my tattoo right above my ankel. Foot might hurt a little worse because its closer to bone. Either way I think it would look pretty cute.

• Foot tattoos look really bad when you wear sandals...or even worse, when you're wearing strappy dress shoes.

• due to where I live - the climate , I rarely never wear scandals . But in fairness that s still a good point to think about.

• You will HAVE to wear sandals during healing

• The tattoo itself is beauitful, but I also heard it's very painful on your foot. If you have nice feet then I'd go for it. It's a very pretty design and you seem sure you want it, it'll probably hurt quite a bit but the pain won't last forever and your tattoo will :)

Layla - PsychoBarbie xxx