Do you think most people are attractive or most people aren't?

Ok so I work at a school, and it's an elementary school. In a class lets say of 30 kids, I would say I think only 3 out of the 30 is really good looking (as in super attractive). Maybe 6/30 is a little above average and about 10/30 is average. According to me, most people are NOT attractive. Just saying. What do you think and do you have any examples?

• Most people are attractive
  • Most people are less than average

Most Helpful Girl

• i think most people are not attractive also

What Guys Said 19

• I think most people are average. There are some that are below average, but many people can look above average with the proper haircut and clothing, style, etc. What lowers the attractiveness to me in most people is that fact that 60% of Americans are overweight or obese. That's the number one thing that people can do to prevent themselves from dropping notches on the looks pole unnecessarily.

• how about looking above average with NO MAKEUP? hahah just like celeb magazines catching hot stars without make up then they look just average, just saying.

• Some people have naturally better skin than others. Makeup can help sometimes, but it can only do so much.

• Well, I think most people are attractive because I see beauty in diversity.

However, I'm very rarely *personally* attracted to someone (and certainly not a kid haha, but I know what you mean). My subjective opinion is that hardly anyone is attractive, but in the big people, we all are? Not sure if that makes sense.

• well I didn't mean to be attracted to the kids, but just find them good looking or not. I mean beauty is easy to see and recognize even in kids, and I have no immoral or bad intentions of doing anything to the good or bad looking kids?! if that's what you were thinking just saying

• Haha no, didn't think that at all.

• I find most girls attractive, I'm not really picky at all, I base attractiveness more on if the person has a good personality and can hold a conversation well. People get too caught up in how someone looks as opposed to actually getting to know them, and their little idiosyncrasies and quirks that make people adorable. I usually find myself not looking for the most good looking girls but looking for the intellectual ones, or the ones who look like they can laugh and smile. And you're rating elementary school kids? That's pretty weird...

• I can't help it that I find some kids good looking and others not so much, I have no bad intentions of dating them or anything stupid like that. I have morals plus I'm married and have a kid on the way if you read the comments I left below. I am just using kids as a clean sample for the real worl.d Kids grow up and will be adults, it's easier to rate them because they have no makeup/hair stuff and also I don't work with adults if I did I would rate them

• that could be true but I still think that the most beautiful kids are seen when they are younger with no makeup and no fancy hair stuff. I was probably one of the most ugly kids in 2nd grade but then I got better looking after a while so I see what you mean but still... most of the kids who were attractive in my 2nd grade class are pretty much still the most attractive. IMO that is.

• I think a lot of people are at least mild to moderately attractive in their own right... Some are real stunners, but the ones that aren't aren't necessarily unattractive by any means.

A lot of very attractive people only have their looks going for them tho. They get way too sucked into "the crowd" and their personalities, actions, and/or lifestyle-choices totally detract from their overall "attractiveness." So looks aren't everything, even tho they are important...

If only people would just be themselves... It's truly the most attractive way you can present yourself, otherwise you're going to attract the wrong kind of attention, no matter how attractive you may be.

• Everyone is attractive in my book. Of course, I'm the only one who reads it.

• The fact that you're critiquing attractiveness in an elementary school is a little unsettling :( Were your parents or teachers a little judgmental about your physical appearance?

• yeah my mom always told me I was ugly so did my aunt etc. :(

• Well this will probably sound cliche but I promise you it's one of the biggest truths you'll hear. All people are beautiful and all people have something special and unique to offer this world. Otherwise you simply wouldn't be here, you wouldn't be alive. Human beings can never truly be ranked on a line in terms of any quality because everyone sees everyone else in their own unique way. Your mothers and aunts judgments were false subjective opinions, not absolute truths <3

• Most people are average-looking, but more on the unattractive side.

• My theory is the more people you find attractive the less picky you are. lol

• It is all in the eye of the beholder. Most people are attractive in their own right...

The kids you think are good look may be ugly to the rest of us...

The issue is really apple and oranges.

Remember when people claimed that Megan Fox was hot but to me she was avg. But this is my view of her. There are women in the fitness industry that are better looking than her by far.

One thing to think about... Who made up the rules for what or who is attractive?

• I think most people are attractive to some people. I don't necessarily think that most people are attractive to most people. Everybody does have their tastes.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Nuff said

• it depends upon the way an individual look upon the other individual...

i believe in the fact that "what is beautiful is not always good but what is good is always beautiful"

• It's a little creepy that your rating how attractive kids are. JK.

• link I understand what you mean but I have morals and no intentions of doing anything to any of these kids. I'm married and 3 months preggos too and plan to quit in June. Kids love me, I can't help that I find some of them better looking than others... I was just using the kids as a possible example of sample size since I work at school with them all day... just saying

• You know JK means Just Kidding right?

• I'm very sure that a lot of people would think that the ones you found attractive were unattractive and so forth,

like they say, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. *I forgot what they said* but still get my point

• I think most are attractive

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so its what you make of it.

• I know there's more attracive women then there is men hehehe :D

• Most of the women aren't attractive if they stop wearing make up

• You think kids at an elementary school are attractive? I hope you aren't into kids.

• no I'm not into kids that way. Just some kids are more beautiful than others, that's all. It's easier to rate kids because they're so natural, no makeup and hair stuff. Anyways I understand your concern. I'm married (as you can see by my other comments) and 3 months preggo and huge and NOT hitting on any kids. they're all just my friends. I have no bad intentions. you didn't answer the question I was just using the kids as a sample example.

• sorry, I put Just Kidding at the end of that, I don't know why it did not go through.

• fail comment on post that was not mine.

• If you work at a school, you shouldn't think any of the kids are attractive.

• Yeah you can look at a kid and think they are cute or not cute. I do it to babies all the time. I was just using it as an example for sample possiblities in the real world. They'll grow up and be adults some day anyways. I have no bad intentions, I know what you mean. Like that guy who is 40 and dated that 14 year old, that's not what I'm doing. Just saying.

What Girls Said 11

• How I experience it is that most people are attractive or at least appear to be and I'm referring to those my age. The reason for that I think is because of improvements in the beauty and cosmetics industry. When I'm around public places or at class there's so many beautiful looking girls but they are all wearing make-up thus making it very very tough to actually truly know. In fact I think most girls do wear some sort of foundation whether it's tinted moisturizer, a lot or a little. Al these factors really do contribute. And the skin industry place another role here. Products have become so much more advanced, hair products, teeth whitening etc. All these things contribute to making people appear more beautiful and attractive, but just because people do wear make-up or altered their appearance in some way be it hair coloring, tanning etc. does not make them any less attractive for me at all. When I see a beautiful girl I can still say wow she is beautiful even if she is obviously wearing make-up. I don't see the problem with that. But that's just my point of view. And obviously my environment is different than others peoples.

• that's why it's so much easier to rate kids and babies because they don't have a ton of make up on!

• Oh well that's your opinion and you can have it but I cannot possibly see why anyone would judge a little kid on their beauty. I think all babies and kids are adorable and beautiful. I'm a big softy :P

• yeah see the comment I made on that girl's above? 3/100 babies I would find really cute/beautiful. The rest are just yeah babies that are baby cute but not REALLY cute. at least to me. IMO ofcourse everyone has their Opinions.

• Um, I don't rate kids :/ but most people are average

• people rate babies all the time, if they're cute or not. I know that I have 300 friends on Facebook and about 100 of them have kids and only 3 of them I find really cute. They'll grow up to be attractive and the other ones will grow up to be average. Just saying. babies and kids are easier to rate, they don't have tons of makeup on and stuff. PLus I don't work with a ton of adults, if I did I would rate adults.

• ya I'd agree with the question asker there are some pretty non cute kids... most people just don't say it because its mean I do it with my friends but in person I'm like oh your babys so cute. to be nice

• I would like to say I tend to think most people are attractive. Not in the way that I personally feel drawn to everyone, but I can see where most people could be attractive to someone. It really does take a lot for someone to be deemed un-attractive.

However, the vast majority of people I'm around are still youthful-twenty somethings in college.

I don't think that's necessarily a fair population slice of how all people look.

I think one's perception of attractiveness gets skewed based on who they're around a lot. People who would otherwise be pretty in other circles can be seen as less attractive based on the company they're in. I've found myself thinking I'm the awkward-ugly duckling of my groups of friends or even sometimes my family, because to me many of them would fall on the attractive end. I think people tend to view those close to them as more attractive, and adapt to seeing that as better- then take most people down a notch on the attractive scale as a result.

• Most people are attractive in my eyes.

• I think most people are average, hence the word "average" :P

It depends on if you count average as attractive or unattractive.

• I can find a likable facial feature on ALMOST every person I come in contact with.. When they open their mouths to speak that is another story.. :-/

• If you really & truly think about it, all people are attractive...to someone. Therefore, all people are attractive.

All people may not be attractive to each person, but that's OK. You don't have to think so. That's what makes the world go round.

• Remember: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." And labling folks average or ugly is just other people's way of feeling good about themselves, thus, the birth of mean people.

• there's always beauty contests? And I've noticed most of the girls go after the really good looking guys and most of the guys go after the really good looking girls so there must be some form of average looking, not average, and really attrative looking measures... just saying most people are shallow and do label (as you say it). I know what you mean. I mean my little nephew isn't all that cute but I think so because he's my nephew but that's just me... just sayin

• You are only looking at one society, aren't you? If you look into others, in even in America, there are different standards. Look into other cultures, and you will find "beauty" is defined differently than how you are thinking of it as. And not "all" males/females go after the really good looking by your definition. Remember, to each there own.

• umm, why are you basing attractivness on elementary kids? :/

• Why are you judging the attractiveness of little kids? Kind of sick.

• i definitely understand because I always remember the super good looking classmates from elementary/middle school and most of them still look the same today. I was one of those kids that was unattractive growing up and became more attractive when I was a little bit older. I do believe most people are average looking and attractive to somebody but not everybody. the make up industry and media has made beauty become something that is difficult to obtain by western standards unless you have the money to improve your flaws or were just born with those traits. make up and make up application makes a huge difference. some people know how to apply their make up better than others. as far as attractiveness, I generally think most people are average or a little less than average looking but being personally attracted to someone can be a different story. I partially blame the fact that I am following society's standards of what is deemed to be attractive for people and this plays a part in what I find attractive. I do feel like it is better to view most people as attractive as opposed to the unattractive and not get stuck in these cultural standards we have created and learn to appreciate people in their own unique way.

• Most people are average by the time they become adults. Meaning, they aren't gorgeous, but they are decent looking and can have moments when they look pretty attractive. Kids tend to look a little funnier looking because not all of their parts grow in proportion and they have weird expressions on their face a lot.