If you're "good looking", are you shy, or socially awkward?

I've noticed many "good looking" people tend to be a bit shyer or more socially awkward. I just wonder why they are this way

I should point out that I'm not "good looking" but I'm shy as well. I am going to work on becoming more attractive, but I just wonder if this "change" will affect my outgoing-ness

Most Helpful Girl

• i definitely haven't noticed that. lol I've probably noticed the opposite, if anything. I find most people who seem shy or socially awkward to be okay looking, at best. rarely do I see someone in that category who strikes me as physically attractive or good looking, but maybe my tastes are just different. I have known some very attractive, socially awkward people, don't get me wrong. however, they were definitely in the minority. just my observations.

i think its more likely that you find something else about them attractive and that sways your perceptions. usually very attractive people are treated a certain way socially from an early age that isn't likely to lead to being socially awkward or excessively shy. most people don't transform from ugly ducklings into beautiful swans, but for the few who do, this could answer your question. some people have to grow into their looks.

its just much more likely that you find a certain look attractive, certain mannerisms, and other traits that aren't specifically biological that attracts you to quirky types of people, maybe. Or you could find certain features attractive which many people dont. beauty is perception after all.

What Girls Said 4

• They may not know they are good looking. Or they could have low self esteem. Things like that play a contributing factor. You will not be affected in the way you think you will, if anything you will become more out-going. Just the fact of being out-going is attractive and can REALLY change the look of any guy. Just like men are attracted to girls who are more out-going, girls are attracted to men that way. If you are out going and open but not cocky your whole look can change in itself.

• What about if you're ugly and outgoing?

• yes, men are that way. That's a part of their nature. I personally am not ashamed to show of any guy I am dating or attracted to. Not everyone is going to have the same taste in men as me. My friends may not say "damn he'd fine" but they will definitely say "damn you got yourself a good man there!"

• There's no reason for this. I don't see the connection between appearance and personality. Of course there are stereotypes, but those don't mean anything. I think them being shy has nothing to do with their appearance. Some people are just born shy

• That'd be like saying Hitler was born evil. He really wasn't

• I agree with miriamonthewall.

I usually find them average looking, but there is the ocassional guy who just stands out and has the face of a male model.

A lot of times, I seem to be attracted to shyer men.

• Can you explain why you are attracted to shy men?

• They're usually nice guys who don't demand doing something all the time. they're laid back and would enjoy watching a movie at the house rather than going clubbing. They can have fun too, though. EXTREMELY shy guys though, iprobably wouldn't be attracted to. They have to talk so I can get to know them.

• Well, yeah, I mean you have to talk..it's just I don't like to talk ALL the time

• I'm good looking and I'm kind of shy and socially weird but that has nothing to do with how I look now it is because I've never had many friends, and I used to get bullied a lot when I was younger. I find having a nice face and dressing well = I get away with being a freak.

What Guys Said 1

• I am good looking but I am not shy. I can be a little awkward sometimes but I don't really care. I also really hate small talk.