Convincing girls that they look good?

A female friend of mine has recently been calling herself fat, and talking about losing ~25lb. She is in no way skinny, and losing 25lb wouldn't be harmful to her, that's not the issue.

She's not fat, she's very sexy and curvy, she just doesn't see it. I would like her to see that she really has a great body and doesn't need to lose any weight; but am unsure how to do so other than telling her that directly, which she dismisses.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have a really good-looking single guy friend that would be interested in taking her out, set them up. She will believe that she is attractive if a good-looking guy is interested in dating her because she will figure that hot guys only want to date hot girls and so she must be a hot girl. Basically there is no other way to make a girl believe that she is not fat and ugly...unless you were to just start making out with her yourself haha which is not going to happen most likely unless you like her as more than a friend.

Also, you could just tell your guy friends to compliment her because she doesn't believe she is sexy. If a bunch of guys are telling her that she's hot, she's going to believe it eventually. I think part of the reason she's not believing what you say is because you are only one guy and you are also her friend so she figures that you HAVE to be nice to her and make her feel good.

• She has a boyfriend already, a real jackass, and I think that may be a part of it.

What Girls Said 3

• haha I just posted a question like that.

Make her little compliments and flirt with her,do not say anytn like"u are not fat " lol.

• tell her how fine you think she is. even if she dismisses it, keep it up. if she's like "no, I'm fat" be like "no the hell you aint!". tell her in detail what you like about her body. if you think she's hot being curvy let her know that you *Really* appreciate curves and that she is way hotter now than she would be stick thin. unfortunately, bad body image can be so deeply embedded in a girl's mind that it might not seem to sink through, but at least she will get some positive reinforcement. someone probably called her fat before and that sucks

• well honestly just saying it is most you can do, also just saying you look nice and stuff. Some times girls will say something negetive to get a compliment so in that case leave them be lol

What Guys Said 2

• I have a slightly controversial suggestion, but it should work. See if she wants to post her picture on one of those Rate my Body websites. I'm not naive, I know she might have reservations about this. I wouldn't post my own pictures on those sites. Even though I would love to see girls' opinions about my look, I wouldn't want anybody who knows me to see my pictures. But, if she doesn't care, see if she's up for it. If she's sexy, she'll get a high rating.

• just tell her beautiful she is and how you don't want her to change in anyway tell her she's perfect.