When is it OK to look at a girl's breasts and when is it considered rude?

Girls this question is mostly for you to answer because I want your personal opinions on this.

It's getting warm out wear I live and girls are starting to wear lower cut tops again. I'm just wondering when, if ever it's OK for a guy to look at your breasts. I usually try not to look if a girl bends down in front of me out of politeness but I always want to look lol. If I give in to my perverted side I'll sneak a quick peak and hope the girl doesn't notice but I'm wondering if girls wear low cut tops to begin with do they know guys are going to look and not care? What is the etiquette on this, when is it OK for a guy to look?

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes me uncomfortable at times but I kind of expect it. Usually if it's out of hand and I'm in a closed space like the subway or bus, I'll just turn around or adjust my position or cover it up if I have a scarf or cardigan or something. I like the way low cut tops look. I don't want random men staring at my boobs, it's rude and perverted, but I understand that they're going to. I don't really have control over what anyone does or where they look so whether or not I'm okay with men staring at me, low cut top or not, it hasn't ever really seemed to matter. they seem to stare no matter what I wear and it makes me uncomfortable regardless of what I'm wearing. I just don't like being stared at in general.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't think it's ever okay, but then again, I don't wear low cut tops for that reason. Also, when I'm wearing a looser top or dress when I bend down, I tend to hold the neckline to my chest. If a girl doesn't invite you to look at her breasts then I don't think it's okay.

• I agree mostly that's why I try not to look out of politeness like I said but you have common sense and know guys will be tempted to look so you don't wear low cut tops often. I don't get how other girls wear really skimpy clothes and expect guys not to look. I'll try my hardest not to look but it's like skin right there in front of me so how can I not notice it.

• Haha well not often, if a girls hitting on you then MAYBE you can look, or if your with your girlfriend MAYBE that's okay...see women are complicanted things,

we wear low cut shirts for you to notice us (most of the time) but if we actually catch you looking then most of the time we are like wtf?!

Well that's most women at least, if I'm showing my self off and putting myself out there its for a reason, I'm not going to get ticked if you check me out, because I most likely want you to. But not all women are like that, so if I were you, id stick to my perverted quick peaks and don't end up getting slapped.

• Just as I suspected! lmao

Thanks for the answer, I'll keep my behavior the same as always then : )

• Generally, a good rule of thumb is that you should try to not let a woman catch you doing it.

I think it's reasonable to find guys doing a quick dart now and then, from afar or whatever. And it's also how you go about it and the length of time you fixate on them. If you approach a girl, don't just talk to her breasts, and don't try to get an eyeful for a good few seconds while you're in conversation. Girls will notice and find it rude. However, if she's wearing a low cut top and/or is attracted to you, she will be much more open to this and will use it to assess whether or not you're interested in her.

It is most definitely not appropriate at work. There is nothing worse than trying to do your job while having a coworker leering at your breasts while, like, smacking his lips.

• Thanks for the advice! : ) The job is where I try to avoid looking the most but unfortunately that seems to be where there is the most temptation. Damn office casual clothes! What type of p*rnographer designed those things anyways?

• lol. Well, temptresses abound and it's more permissive if it seems like an accident. Just don't ogle.

• Personally, I would say it is probably safe to look at them while you are having sex.

Any other time, you run the risk of the girl getting upset. So just don't stare. Glance and look away casually and it should be okay.

• It's OK to look or glance but to stare and act like a retard is rude and disrespectful

• Thanks

I was hoping for a wider leash but that's pretty much what I assumed and you confirmed it. I'll stick to my personal one second rule.

• if I'm showing it off, then I expect you to look.

• i like when I catch guys looking. I usually dress to tease, so I take it as a compliment

• I don't mind too much. Let's me know that I'm looking good. Just don't drool. Cause that wouldn't be good if she's not attracted to you.

Try to keep it to one glance down if you are talking to her. Don't get to giggly.

I just mind from this one guy who denys it. I wasn't born yesterday.

• lol, alright thanks : )

• Lots of girls show cleavage to get attention from guys in the first place. If they don't want a guy looking at thier t*ts then they won't wear clothes that are capable of showing it.

• I welcome looks from boyfriends. Other men just out and about- no! I won't take you seriously or give you the time of day.

It's actually refreching when a guy doesn't notice them- it makes you want him to notice them mor (if she's in fact interested in the guy).

And we ALWAYS know when men are looking. No matter how sneaky they try to be.

• lol crazy, thanks for honestly answering

• your whole logic in this comment is pretty horrible lol.

• good question, even I find it hard not to look and I am straight. Especially with serious cleavage - you wonder if she were to bend forward like three inches would they pop out completely. Anyway hmm in a professionally setting try to avoid it. Try to avoid doing it in front of say family members. In you own home and discretely in public would be fine.

What Guys Said 1

• I attract tons of girls so i don't know if they allow me to look at their boobies.