I am a female with thinning hair, would you mind if I wore extensions?

my hair is thinning and I have no idea why. looks like this, but worse:

link

basically, I feel better about myself when I wear hair extensionns because my hair looks thicker.

so here's my questions: if you saw/dated a girl with amazing hair (the extensions), how would you want her to tell you they were with extensions? be honest - would you break up with her/be disgusted? PLEASE BE HONEST. being nice won't make it easier.

thanks in advance :) !

Most Helpful Girl

• I have thinning hair like that and I am super depressed about it. Extensions don't do anything for the thinning on the hairline so you should spend that money on Rogaine for woman. It works really well. I have been using it for 3 months and my hair is growing back already. You buy a 3 month supply at a time and it come's out to $15 a month which is pretty good. The only down side is that once you use it, you have to continue the use for the rest of your life or else that hair will fall out again. A lot of girls wear extension's so I doubt any guy would care and you don't have to tell him. Every girl has a beauty secret and that's normal. I really think you should try the Rogaine and use the extension's for a few months until the hair come's back. If you don't have thinning on your hairline then Rogaine isn't for you. If your happy with extensions then don't worry about what a guy will think. I assure you that no guy will have a problem with it.

What Guys Said 5

• I'd like it better if you'd let me shave your head and attach wooden towel holders to the sides of it with superglue.

• wow, thank you for giving absolutely no constructive criticism nor humanity in your answer.

• But I did it to my head and I like it. And I always have a towel when I need one.

• No, understandably, hair is important to a woman. She wouldn't need to justify using hair extensions to me. It's not thought of in the same manner as covering up male pattern baldness, which I deem to be pathetic (I can say that as a baldie.). However naturally I'd like her to tell me at some stage because I value openness in any relationship.

• My girlfriend wears extension/weave...In the beginning I was like what? But now I'm buying the hair for her...

• did you think less of her?

• Oh hell no! NO NO WAY! (she's black) so it's a norm thing and actually looks good!

• If I was in love with her the first place, I wouldn't break up with her. Hair extensions, however, will make it even worst. The extra weight and fuss on the hair will definitely stress the roots. You may want to get a blood test to see if you have enough vitamins.

• no, I wouldn't be disgusted. why would I be? it's a good sign she takes care of herself. hair loss can be associated with high stress levels. is your life stressful (at the moment)?

• yes. I have chronic stress. it's been this way for 3 years now, and the more I stress, the more falls out.

What Girls Said 6

• If its going to make you feel better then go for it. Any guy who likes you for you won't treat it as a deal breaker, otherwise he isn't worth your time obviously.

• Do what you gotta do to look and feel your best. Nobody gets "nautral points" for the sake of being natural ,what matters more is how it looks. Women like Lauren London, Megan Fox, Kim Kardashian (women men find very attractive) all wear extensions but do you hear guys knocking off their cute points for it? No. If you feel better about yourself and it looks good then wear it

• Do it. Most people and pretty much all guys won't be able to tell.

By the time you get to the point where you want to tell him about your problem, he should be interested in you for other things anyway

• I struggle with a similar issue. My hair broke off and is extremely short. I hate it when guys talk about weaves like they're the devil when some of us girls have legitimate reasons to wear them.

• i have the same problem and I got some extensions and I've gotten so many compliments on them! people like me better with healthier looking hair...theyre clip in though =/ which is good and bad good because I can take them out whenever but bad because sometimes I wish they were permanent one day ill save up money to get sew in ones so theyre more long lasting and less noticeable

• can I ask how old you are? yea..mine are clip in too but I'm so worried that people will be able to see because I don't have enough hair to cover them completely.

• link

these are mine.

• 22 yea you have to put them in carefully and also it sucks when you're with a guy you don't want him running his fingers through your hair and then see clips that's why sew in are better you can't feel anything

• I had clip on hair extensions and my boyfriend never noticed. When I stopped wearing them he thought I cut my hair. Why would hair extant ions be disgusting?