This girl I know really smells of fish. Genuine question!!

This might sound like a weird question and I don't mean to sound rude etc, but this is genuinely serious.

There is a girl I know, I work with her... and a few times we have been in the bathroom at the same time at work, and I've like "gone in" after her.. and she smells really bad of fish. I don't mean, just like a little bit, I mean like full on smelling of fish, enough to make you gag!

Now, my question is, surely she can smell this? and how could I or one of my co-workers possibly approach her about it?

She has a boyfriend too and I kinda feel sorry for him if he has to put up with that.

I don't have a boyfriend or anything, or any issues down there, but I always make sure I'm clean and smelling fresh! lol xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe she likes snacking on some mackerel on her bathroom breaks.

She could probably have something as simple as a UTI.

What Guys Said 4

• Chances are it may have something to do with where she lives. Certain smells around the area can get into clothes and food. Sometimes even the water.

For example: Our local primary school is located nearby a showground. Each year there is a time when it gets fertilised with Dynamic Lifter (basically, chook sh*t). The smell wafts past the school, and the nearby homes making their clothes reek.

Prolonged exposure to something like this may have been absorbed into this woman's skin.

There are also some genetic predisposition to a gene that causes a fish-like body odour. In that case, it's genetic.

• There's something fishy there !

• hmm...It's not the smell of pad blood by any chance? Does she keep herself neat & clean? She is not obese is she?

• noo its not pad blood or anything like that, its just pure fish smell.. and she isn't obese but she isn't slim either, probably like a size 16/18 uk size x

• idk...but if it's like you say...I feel sorry for HER...O:O

• Mmmm now what's this? Smell like fish

Mr. Big Mouth, the gat be trout

You need to douche out your style no doubt

What Girls Said 4

• It could be any number of things but honestly...its not really your concern in the least bit.She isn't doing anything to YOU,so there is no real reason to be concerned that she supposedly smells like sardines. So this is an instance where...someone should mind their business. :/

• i don't think it would be right for you to approch her on this issue. she can still be a clean person and something wrong internally causing that smell or even vaginal infections. anything is possible!. bringing it up might hurt her especially if she can't control the issue. just keep the business to yourself and don't go spreading anything on her.

• oh I'm not the type of person to go spreading stuff about people, it wasn't me that brought the subject up, it was another girl I work with, and yeah we did think maybe she has like thrush or other issues, but its just more that if she knew I'm sure she would be embarassed, just like I would be, but id want someone to tell me

• of course, I wouldn't do it in public or anything like that.. I'm not insensitive, I probably won't say anything to be honest, I was just wondering what people thought etc.

• well good luck :)

• So you want to tell your coworkers, that every time you go to the bathroom after the girl you smell fish...

• can you imagine what the conversation would sound like lol.

• well what are the coworkers supposed to do?

• well, I dunno.. we have like talked about it, not in a mean/laughing way, in like a nice way I guess.. and one girl was going to approach her but in the end she didnt

• WTF. You can't approach her -- just have to bear it. There were way to many details to this story had nothing to do with the question. Why does it matter that you're clean and fresh? Do you want us to give you permission to harass the poor stinky lady?

• because I think a girl should look after themselves and clean down there, and not smell of fish :/ its vile. I'm not laughing or anything at her, if someone thought I smelt id want to know