How do you feel about colored contact lenses?

i know theyre fake but I have a few prescriptions ones and I wear them once in a blue moon like every few months, I have grey colored, hazel and green and when I wear them my friends like them and think they look awesome! I have the fresh color blends brand so they look real. I feel like as long as you don't wear them everyday theyre fine but what's your opinion? would it be a turn off?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think they're fun. I don't see anything wrong with them

What Guys Said 3

• Of course they're really nice, but there's always a sense of disappointment when finding out they aren't a girl's real eye color.

• I love grey/silver/blue eyes, but really, I'd rather see a gal's true eye color than something fake. Then again, I'm reading a book about a woman with purple eyes, and I'm pretty sure if I ever saw that I'd be pretty mesmerized for a while lol...

• I've heard of some safety issues with those. If they work for you, go for it. In the end though, your eyes will always be the same color.

What Girls Said 8

• They look great, especially if they look natural.

I just hate when people pretend their contacts are their natural color eyes.

• Lol I want to get some green perscription one's how do they last? Are there permant ones? I think there fab, but I heard they shouldn't be worn all day, every day.

• i got the 2 week ones so you can wear them for two weeks, you have to use the solution to clean them and wash your hands thoroughly before and after putting them in/taking them out...i only wear them for 8 hrs max

• Unless its for a costume or something I think the idea of them is dumb. People just need to be happy with the color eyes they were born with.

• They said the colored contact lenses are not good for the eyes.. it might cause blindness if you use them too much!

Medical contact lenses there's no problem with them, as long as you clean and sterilize them well.

• hmmn but the colored ones I have are medical too...theyre prescription hehe

• Oh I don't know about this kind.. but it's better if you just use a transparent medical contact lenses!

You don't know what the colored one will cause to the cornea! ^^

• tacky tacky

• I don't have an opinion on them. theyre colored...and contacts lol that's about it.

i think if you want to try a different look, do that. I'm a light skinned black girl and I had a friend tell me to try the green ones because "mixed girls with green eyes are hot." I'm not actually mixed, but I digress. I mean, its an idea and sometimes I think of getting a sample pair at my next appointment (I wear glasses and contacts) but only for fun. I love my big, brown, chocolatey, poop colored eyes. lol I couldn't walk around all the time with a different color eyes. it wouldn't seem "me."

but I fully support the exploration of other looks. we live in a day and age when you can try all kinds of hair colors, eye colors, hair textures, skin colors, etc. lol do it up if you're gonna do it. if you're gonna wear those colored contacts, work it. :)

• I'm not a fan of them, but they can be pretty. If I saw someone with green eyes one day, purple eyes another day, and brown eyes another day, I'd be really confused, and I might be a little annoyed. But people can do what they want. I like natural eye colors.

• if anything I would think it's better to wear them all the time because then people start to think of it as your eye color. if you wear them on random occasions and you see the same people it will be kind of like "huh, what happened to her eyes?"

they can look cool, but the idea of fake eyes isn't my thing.