5 pound weight gain a big deal?

So in the past few months I've gained 5 pounds. I feel like this is alot. Is this a big deal? I'm 5 foot 6 and medium sized.

• Huge deal.
  • Cant even tell
  • Not a big deal but lose it!

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh no! Five pounds? In a few months? Don't worry about it. I'd be worried if I gained five pounds in a week or three days. But five pounds in a month or two or three is not a big deal at all. If you gained 30 pounds in three months, that'd be a little weird. But seriously, don't freak out about 5 pounds in a few months. If you're really that worried, add a little exercise into your daily routine.

What Guys Said 12

• 5 pounds is not really a whole bunch but it depends on how much you weigh to begin with.Your build should kinda hide it.Just try to eat healthier and exercise or at least walk a couple times a week it shouldn't take long to lose.If you want to lose it. I would never tell a girl to lose weight for me or tell her she looks or is fat that's just mean and cold.

• 5 pounds is not much. It does depend a little on how you carry your weight as to whether others can see it.

• We ccan see a lot of diffference in a bikini or a tight skirt. Otherwise, no, it's not a big issue, no pun intended...

• that's hardly any weight, there's no point in worrying about it. obviously though without changing anything, you're going to continue to put that amount of weight on. if you aren't happy with that, eat a bit healthier or exercise more. but no, no one would notice that amount of weight gain.

• I eat that much. So I get 5 pounds gain loss each day twice. Don't worry about it!

• it depends on your before and after weight.. but seriously 5 pounds?! you could lose take a laxative and lose that.. it is really nothing major. it could even be sexy.

• it all depends on where you gain it, for me it would be a big deal I am a guy and I want to lose weight

• No, but since you're asking this question you're obviously having doubts about it, which can affect your self-confidence. So lose the weight, even though it's not a HUUUUGE deal.

• I'd say it depends on if it actually shows on your body, rather than just going by the numbers. Know what I mean?

• i voted C, then thought about it, now I go with B.

but its still important to stay in shape.

otherwise, you can't run from the cops

• I would love to gain 5 lbs. on my upper body...that would be huge for me.

• I voted B. It is not a big deal

What Girls Said 12

• 5 pounds isn't even noticable.

Not a big deal at all.

• 5 pounds gain on someone who is a medium sized 5' 6 probably isn't very noticeable. Of course if it all went to your face then sure it would be noticeable but otherwise, I wouldn't be worried.

• ehh not a big deal. I would be freaking out though, because I'm me. hahha.

• Unless you only weigh 70 pounds to begin with, 5 pounds is nothing.

• 5 lbs is not a big deal on a big gal like you, but on a short girl like me...it's like 25 lbs! But any time the #s feel bad on you, lose them, if you can. I know, I know, easier said than done!

• my weight goes up and down about 5 pounds every day or so lol, I wouldn't worry about it

• Its not good but its not terrible.

• yes it is because you're heading down that direction. it starts with 5 pounds, then 10 and god knows how much else

• that is not a big deal

I've gained and lost 5 pounds in just one week haha.

i need like a 20 pound weight change to make any difference in my appearance.

• Honestly, at your height nobody will even be able to tell except for you. I once gained like 15 lbs and not even my close friends could tell...of course it wasn't like I got fat or anything just less skinny.

• No it ain't no biggy

• im trying to lose weight so that's huge for me right now. would be a set back