How To Be Confident When You Are Ugly?

I constantly get told that confidence is what makes people attractive, than guys are attracted to a girl's nice personality, that looks don't matter.

I think it's complete BS. But more importantly, how are you supposed to be confident if you are ugly? Like, can't lose weight, broken face, etc? How are you supposed to feel confident and attractive when you're not? When most people would call you delusional for believing you're attractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• An ugly person is usually someone who just hasn't tried hard enough. Very few people are actually "ugly", and many are just too lazy to make the changes needed to become more attractive. The "can't lose weight" thing is a perfect example. There are people who can't lose weight for medical reasons, but a lot of people who say they can't can, they're just making excuses. They'd rather eat junk food, drink alcohol and not have to go to the gym or exercise to keep themselves in shape. Instead of doing that they try to tell people that "it's not all about the looks" and they tell each other that it's all okay and that they don't have to do anything to change it because "everybody is beautiful in their own special way", and you're right, it's complete BS.

So the solution is just to do your best to make yourself more attractive. Once you've done that stop worrying about it. I mean for me, I know that a lot of women prefer taller guys. I'm 5'4", very short for a guy. But I go to the gym, I eat good, I wear nice clothes, and I believe that I'm attractive to some girls. I don't worry about not being tall enough (because that's something I can't change) but I make sure I focus on the stuff I can change (keeping in shape, fashionable clothes). You know what I mean?

• I eat nothing but vegetables and meat, am at 1300 calories a day, work out 3 days a week, and can't lose a single pound. In fact, I went up in fat (and up in strength.) I wear make-up, wash daily, etc and guys still think I'm ugly. So, yes, people can be ugly and fat even when they try.

What Guys Said 2

• Work on your body.

• Hey don't ever say that your not attractive, you may not be attractive to some people but you may be the most beautiful girl for other. Don't let people put you down so what if people don't think that your not beautiful, if you think your beautiful or act like your beautiful you are attractive. Don't pay attention when other tell you differently.

• So if people tell me the sky is blue, but I think it's green, am I also right?

• wow it was a joke!

• Sephora does have a good sense of humor and we are considering setting up a Joke Exchange...(:

What Girls Said 2

• the first step is not to think of yourself as ugly. if you don't appreciate yourself first, no one will, believe me. you should lose some weight, put on makeup, change your wardrobe, go to a professional hairstylist to change your hair color, or just to find what hair style suits you best, learn how to walk in high heels, read fashion magazines. it take time, and effort. is not something that you can change over day. so don't be discouraged! almost everybody has gonne through that phase.

• I already DO all of those things, except lose weight, cause I can't. (See my comments to other posters.) But everything else, I already do, and I'm still ugly.

• maybe you are the only one that thinks you look ugly. try to change that! about the weight loss, I have been there myself, and I have tried the died based on your blood type. it worked for me, and for a lot of other people I know.

• You can't, especially with an attitude like yours.

You're ugly, but there is stuff you can do about it. If you aren't losing weight, you're doing something wrong. Speak to your doctor/nutritionist. Make sure your hair and make up and clothing is on point.

I'm not going to lie, you will probably never be "hot" but at least you can make yourself presentable, and it that's the best you can do, it's better than wallowing in self pity.

• I eat nothing but vegetables and meat, am at 1300 calories a day, work out 3 days a week, and can't lose a single pound. In fact, I went up in fat (and up in strength.) I wear make-up, wash daily, etc and guys still think I'm ugly. So, I do stuff about it, and it still doesn't help.

• 20-30minutes 3x a week really isn't A LOT. You'll need to do significantly more than that to remove fat from your trouble area. try HIIT

• I go to the gym 3 times a week, but I also dance and do martial arts. Seriously, I have sat down with trainers, and they can't explain it. It looks like I am stuck like this.