Bucket hats: fresh or stupid-looking?

asked this last week but it was at like 4 in the morning, didn't get many responses, haha. anyway, I'm a fan of bucket hats, always have been. I think they look cool in the right situations, like at casual outdoor parties in the summer, or I might just wear one if it's raining. I might even wear one to a house party type thing if I feel like aping out, haha. nobody ever makes fun of me if I wear one, but I also don't see anybody else wearing them. just wondering if they're totally ridiculous looking or if a swagified individual like myself can own the f*ck out of one of these things, haha.

if you don't know what I mean by bucket hat, it's like the one ice cube is wearing in this pic (on right)

link

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they were cool when I was in middle school - which would be about a decade ago, give or take a few years. I haven't seen anyone wear one in years, outside of those who are actively hiking up mountains. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're stupid-looking, but I definitely wouldn't call them fresh - if anything, I think they're out of style for casual wear.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 4

• I don't mind them. I wouldn't wear them personally (I'm just not a hat person)- and most people I know wouldn't either. But if you feel good in them, then wear them. If no one's pointed it out, it's probably not a big deal.

• going back to the 90s? lol

• haha, YES! that was my hey-day! stuff going in and out of style is ridiculous. it's something is hot, it should be hot forever. it all comes back again anyway, so it's pointless. "snapback" hats? we just called those "hats" back in the early 90s. I was at the mall the other day, and all the same style cargo shorts I wore 10-15 years ago are everywhere. so why did we stop in the first place? but in my opinion, hip hop style from the mid-90s will always be best. baggy jeans and timberlands! haha

• oops...*if* something's hot. proofreading is apparently out of style, haha

• I think it looks gay af

• Personally I don't like then

What Guys Said 1

• I think its a retarded fad. It works in certain occasions with certain people. When people wear it if "swag" its like having an open umbrella in the winter