If you get called pretty but look super plain, what does it mean?

like in high school, I would get asked out every once in a while but usually by really good looking guys. I wasn't slutty or anything, I was just the shy smart girl I guess you could say. but my makeup was horrible (still is lol.)

I wasn't really so skinny either. what exactly does that mean cause I used to get called ugly back in 9th grade like crazy but in senior year, my friend told me that some guys were saying that I was 'the hottest one' in our art class. keep in mind that I was plain looking and other girls dressed up and stuff :I

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it may mean you have natural beauty? The other day I was really dressed down and my boyfriend goes.."Hmm..you extra cute today" I was like are you serious?! Lol I looked like a bum. So I don't know, maybe he sees something in you that you dont.

What Guys Said 2

• It means that you should take it for what it is. You have blossomed, and people now find you attractive and you shouldn't question it so much, because plenty of other people are not as fortunate to be held in such high regards as yourself.

• It means you're attractive to the person who gave you the compliment.

What Girls Said 4

• Just because YOU think you're plain doesn't mean everyone else does. Clearly there were guys who really thought you were good looking and cool enough to ask out. That doesn't make them crazy or wrong. Have more confidence in yourself!

• They found you attractive and thought you were hot lol

• You don't stand out in a room

• haha I was always that girl too... stay modest. stay humble. my boyfriend always says that the most attractive girls are the ones that don't know it.